Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse)

samjp26

Hes on the way. Just what we need.

Also in normal market value he would be worth 7-8 million. They are saving 5 million already with a good chance we can sell him on at a profit giving his age.

75k a week, 3.5 year contract. 15million including 3 million purchase fee

What do Villa want, its not a huge gamble?

Nothing, just believe Richard when it comes to players. Never to far off the mark.

Well the Remy deal proves that anything can happen. Richard hasn't really said anything, other than we're interested. (well, that's how I took it.)

Stinks of the club realising that fans are no longer prepared to 'wait' to see what is going to go on and they've asked their best mate McKendrick to put a piece in about a fairly high profile player.

If it comes off it's a waste of time, having lost against the clubs down there around us - including at home - to stay up we'll need to beat the better teams in the league consistently and that hasn't happened for three years. More than likely to be bullshit.

While I agree with the sentiment that Richard isn't one to peddle unfounded rumours, he only said we were interested. Don't go getting Sissoko's name on the back of your shirt just yet.

I wont, just want a bit of hope to get me through today :)

Knowing the way Officer Babrady way the club have behaved in the last few years when it comes to things like this sadly it wouldn't surprise me if they knew he was off elsewhere so have get this put in the Mail to make it look like they've tried. If we prepared to pay wages that decent players want, how are we supposed to attract decent players? Especially when we are on the brink of relegation? We've had out important fortnight where we needed this players - and been thrashed by Wigan and Bradford and lost against Southampton. You need to beat the teams around you at the bottom when you are down there - we haven't done it once.

Yes ignore the wages that caused us so much shit over the years.

Well the difference being, all those examples in the past had high transfer fees compared to that and hadnt a chance of getting sold on at a profit giving their age. Also we're desperate.

If we can get him for around 60k a week i jump at it. He is out of contract in the summer, he definitely isnt going to take anything less.

Well the difference being, all those examples in the past had high transfer fees compared to that and hadnt a chance of getting sold on at a profit giving their age. Also we're desperate.

If we can get him for around 60k a week i jump at it. He is out of contract in the summer, he definitely isnt going to take anything less.

The problem with high wages is not just the cost and the fact that it means that money isn't available for perhaps another two sets of wages instead. It also makes it hard to move players on, as we are seeing.