Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse)

samjp26

OK it may not happen but it is one of the few links we have to hold on to this window. Kendrick was the first journo to mention this and he is not too bad usually for telling the truth.

Let us hold on to something, anything at the moment because all most of us can see is the club spiralling towards the Championship and all PL seems to be doing is saying he thinks we will be alright??

We enquired about Sissoko last week and were told £3.5m and £75k a week. 4 or 5 other clubs supposedly interested. Sunderland supposedly closest to coughing up.

Well that bollocks straight away, wage demands don't get discussed by clubs. Not unless it's what the player is currently is on, which he won't me, not at Toulouse.

You agree a fee for the player with the club, then you get to talk wages. To talk about wages before the current club has given permission is tapping up. Why would Toulouse talk about wages? It makes no difference to them what wages you offer him.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

QPR have just signed M'Vila haven't they? Can't see them being in the market for another defensive midfielder. And with the wages they're racking up they aren't gonna be keen to offer a big contract either. If they go down forking out a further 200k per week (Remy, M'Vila and Sissoko would come close to that) they risk catastrophe if they go down. Whilst they're trying to buy their way out of trouble, I'm sure someone there is looking at damage limitation also.

QPR have just signed M'Vila haven't they? Can't see them being in the market for another defensive midfielder. And with the wages they're racking up they aren't gonna be keen to offer a big contract either. If they go down forking out a further 200k per week (Remy, M'Vila and Sissoko would come close to that) they risk catastrophe if they go down. Whilst they're trying to buy their way out of trouble, I'm sure someone there is looking at damage limitation also.

Villa is doing neither

You agree a fee for the player with the club, then you get to talk wages. To talk about wages before the current club has given permission is tapping up.

Your very very naive if you think clubs don't talk to players agents long before they have agreed a transfer fee with the club. Why do you think most deals are done so quickly after transfer fees are agreed? Beacuse the agent has already agreed the wages & contract for the player.

in that case we should of signed a couple of players by 2nd january

we all know (except paul maybe) that we needed new additions, hes had half a season already to decide who he wants/needs, why didnt he have players lined up for the beginning of the window? we may be better off by now considering the last couple of games

Well that bollocks straight away, wage demands don't get discussed by clubs. Not unless it's what the player is currently is on, which he won't me, not at Toulouse.

You agree a fee for the player with the club, then you get to talk wages. To talk about wages before the current club has given permission is tapping up. Why would Toulouse talk about wages? It makes no difference to them what wages you offer him.

I don't profess to know - but I would have thought the players agent is sounded out informally - is he interested ? roughly what type of contract is on offer ? - If the responses are favourable a bid is made to the club.

I don't profess to know - but I would have thought the players agent is sounded out informally - is he interested ? roughly what type of contract is on offer ? - If the responses are favourable a bid is made to the club.

Yeah, the club might not talk to the player and 'tap him up' but they will be talking to an agent who will pass info on. Only if the wages are ok on both sides will a club go to the trouble of submitting a bid.

They would be wasting their time if they didn't know a player would come before bidding.

how would the 'buying club' know who the agent is for a certain player?

I assume they know this long in advance, networking, maybe the scout finds out for the club. In some cases the agent will be the agent to other people at the club. (Pretty sure Bent, Houllier, GMac, Given, Ireland all share an agent).

Failing that Transfermarkt usually knows the agents for well known players... Sissoko Transfermarkt and even tells you who else has that Agent.

According to that Sissoko shares and agent with: Hatem Ben Arfa, Mathieu Debuchy, M'Baye Niang, Coutinho.. reads like a list of players recently touted to move to the PL. (They have loads more players and some v. high quality ones, but picked those out as interesting that they share an agent)

And considering Coutinho's agent has been very vocal in playing up any link with us, it's not too surprising to see Sissoko being linked to pretty much everybody considering he's almost out of contract, agent is probably creating a lot of links to the press.

Edited by HalfTimePost

If they had Sissoko and M'Vila in their midfield, they would NOT go down.

2 young unproven midfielders, 1 who is a troublemaker gives you confidence that they will stay up

Yes. I would put money on them staying up.

I mean they are already beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, drawing with Spurs. Thats 4 more points they got out of those games than we did. They are starting to look like a better side under Arry.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

You're a little niave if you think the players agents don't speak to clubs whilst a player is in contract but anyway Sissoko is a free agent in the summer so he is entitled to speak to whoever he wants

The wages demand last week was £75k a week - fact

but now he has to gel some mercenaries into the team which will hamper the other members of squad who have less salary. am sure clint hill, shaun derry will be pissed to see Loic Remy on 90k a week especially when he is in rotten form