Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse)

samjp26

Would love to see the player sign for us and with players coming to the end of their contracts at the end of the season and the increase in TV revenue hopefully Lerner can be persuaded?

It also might attract other players to the club?

Show some more ambition Lerner.

One can hope my friend. . . one can hope

Why would people even mention Diame? He just joined wet spam 6 months ago, they are probably paying more than we would pay, he is injured, and has settled in very well there. It won't happen, maybe at the end of the season he could be persuade to leave but only for a champions league team and corresponding wages.

Sissoko is just the kind of dynamic presence we need in midfield. We have too many static, sit behind to ball midfielders. Sissoko and westwood could be a fine combo.

Why would people even mention Diame? He just joined wet spam 6 months ago, they are probably paying more than we would pay, he is injured, and has settled in very well there. It won't happen, maybe at the end of the season he could be persuade to leave but only for a champions league team and corresponding wages.

Sissoko is just the kind of dynamic presence we need in midfield. We have too many static, sit behind to ball midfielders. Sissoko and westwood could be a fine combo.

Without trying to take the Sissoko thread too OT, the reason quite a few players negotiate these low fee release clauses such as Diame's is because the buying club is not paying a large transfer fee, the player and agent will ask for a larger fee for themselves. So if Diame put this clause in the contract, surely he would at least consider a move. He also is back from injury, was in the team on Saturday.

Anyways though, I do agree that Sissoko and Westwood would be a good CM pairing. I still would like a solid CDM to sit behind them though, if we did get Sissoko or a box to box player of his ilk.

Edited by LockStockVilla

Exactly of players we need badly. Would be great signing. Him + CAM + Vlaar and Dunne back should put us on the right foot.

Would also like to have buy us a left back and I'd think it be a pretty good trasnfer window.

Edited by Alakagom

Without trying to take the Sissoko thread too OT, the reason quite a few players negotiate these low fee release clauses such as Diame's is because the buying club is not paying a large transfer fee, the player and agent will ask for a larger fee for themselves. So if Diame put this clause in the contract, surely he would at least consider a move. He also is back from injury, was in the team on Saturday.

Anyways though, I do agree that Sissoko and Westwood would be a good CM pairing. I still would like a solid CDM to sit behind them though, if we did get Sissoko or a box to box player of his ilk.

But if Diame were to leave it would require large wage, which I doubt Villa would pay, plus to him, Villa and west ham are very similar propositions at the moment.

Westwood is a sitting midfielder he is the guy that would sit in front of the back four and keep it simple, Sissoko would be putting himself about and then look make surging runs forward and support the attack. A midfield with two defensive mids and a box to box is very defensive so while our defence would be very solid, we would struggle to create as much if not more than we are now. A hard working playmaker alongside them would be my chioce, that or another high energy box to box player. Dale Stephens is supposed to be a box to box player, so that is probably why he is a target and that type of player is clearly a necessity right now, but obviously quality is questionable.

Maybe if Dunne is over his injury problems and Vlaar get back up to speed before the transfer window shuts we will see 2 CM's rather than a CB and CM. Whatever happens we need a CB though by the end of summer as Dunne is as good as gone at the end of the season.

Do you think the DM we need could be Clark?

Clark can play DM because he has enough technical ability but he's not athletic enough or a particularly great tackler.

He was okay in that position when he was younger because he was still growing and hadn't bulked up.

DMs need to be powerful but also agile because they're always moving and following the ball, falling down, getting up.

Clark has the agility of a tardis in quicksand.

I want him to continue at centre back. He's good there.

I fail to see why we cant sign this player, 3 million, inferior league, crappy club in that league and if the wages are more like 40/50k then it should be straight forward?

Agree in principle but the wages may be higher but then again how much does Randy value the club's Premier League status?

I fail to see why we cant sign this player, 3 million, inferior league, crappy club in that league and if the wages are more like 40/50k then it should be straight forward?

All of the rank arrogance that blights this club and the wider Premier League all in one post. That's quite an achievement.

I thought Sissoko was a DM?

And Westwood is definitely a DM.

So why are poeple suggesting a midfield 3 of Westwood, Sissoko and another DM?

Just because Westwood looks really promising doesn't mean he should be pushed forward. The lad is a deep lying midfielder.