Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse)

samjp26

The problem with high wages is not just the cost and the fact that it means that money isn't available for perhaps another two sets of wages instead. It also makes it hard to move players on, as we are seeing.

The problem with high wages is not just the cost and the fact that it means that money isn't available for perhaps another two sets of wages instead. It also makes it hard to move players on, as we are seeing.

Really can't see this one happening :unsure:

I understand that fact. But lets face it, we arent going to get a quality International, who is 23 and out of contract in the summer if we dont pay them. We might as well put up the white flag now.

Im not saying run out and offer everyone these wages, but in this case i would. 2 years ago they paniced and did it with Bent and he cost 20 million more. Wasnt even really an international.

Ignoring the blatant PR trying to mis-lead fans for a moment.....have we ever had a successful signing from France/French player?

From a french club, yes Carew from Lyon. Actually from France, Ginola & Berson is all I can think of hardly world beaters here.

Correct I didn't. Just said I wouldn't et on him going to Blunderland yet!

I wouldn't bet on him going to Sunderland either but there is more chance of that than of him coming here

Maybe no one will pay £75k a week but someone will snap him up well before he gets into our wage bracket

Edited by VillaCas

14-didier-six-panini-france-1978.png

He was my initial thought as well. I remember going to matches with my Dad and my mate when I was a youngster, and he was my mates favourite player at that time, although I can't remember much about him. He only played a handful of games for us during his one season with us, so looking back I'm not sure if you could class him as succesful.

I understand that fact. But lets face it, we arent going to get a quality International, who is 23 and out of contract in the summer if we dont pay them. We might as well put up the white flag now.

Im not saying run out and offer everyone these wages, but in this case i would. 2 years ago they paniced and did it with Bent and he cost 20 million more. Wasnt even really an international.

Pay also creates benchmarks and expectations for other players, both prospective signings and people renewing contracts. Trying to reduce pay while saying let's make an exception just this once, just for this guy, is like drinking your way to sobriety.

• Like 1

Pay also creates benchmarks and expectations for other players, both prospective signings and people renewing contracts. Trying to reduce pay while saying let's make an exception just this once, just for this guy, is like drinking your way to sobriety.

Well thats the nature of the game. Each player is different depending on their ability/circumstances. Everyone isnt going to be on the same wages..... And were desperate