Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse)

samjp26

Sissoko isn't really a DM though, yes he can play it but it's not where his strengths lie.

For Toulouse I'm sure he plays as more of a box-to-box midfielder. Usually it is Etienne Capoue who is played as the Defensive Midfielder for them. Sissoko is a relatively strong player but as far as im aware he prefers making runs forward and likes a few chances on goal.

He is more similar to (a poorer) Yaya Toure than (a poorer) Claude Makelele for instance.

That said I'm not saying I dont want Sissoko, he would be a superb signing for us and definitely has the qualities we need to add to our midfield. But we would also need an out and out DM in my opinion, especially with the 4-1-2-1-2 formation that Lambert prefers to play. Westwood-Sissoko would make a very good '2'. But if Lambert is going to insist on playing an out and out DM behind the two then that shouldn't be Sissoko as it would restrict what he is best at.

William Kvist has been mentioned a bit recently. He would be more of a real DM. But I think it would be a total dreamland for us to ask for Kvist and Sissoko.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Has there ever been an example of a 'smokescreen' in the history of any football club, ever?

i dunno, gold and sullivan did it all the time at sha and west ham around season ticket renewal day, and do you remember blackburn linking themselves to raul and ronaldinho, was never going to happen

The problem with high wages is not just the cost and the fact that it means that money isn't available for perhaps another two sets of wages instead. It also makes it hard to move players on, as we are seeing.

Would rather see us follow the spurs model. Pay bigger signing on fees and more manageable wages.

Would love to see the player sign for us and with players coming to the end of their contracts at the end of the season and the increase in TV revenue hopefully Lerner can be persuaded?

It also might attract other players to the club?

Show some more ambition Lerner.

Edited by Morpheus

Sissoko isn't really a DM though, yes he can play it but it's not where his strengths lie.

For Toulouse I'm sure he plays as more of a box-to-box midfielder. Usually it is Etienne Capoue who is played as the Defensive Midfielder for them. Sissoko is a relatively strong player but as far as im aware he prefers making runs forward and likes a few chances on goal.

He is more similar to (a poorer) Yaya Toure than (a poorer) Claude Makelele for instance.

That said I'm not saying I dont want Sissoko, he would be a superb signing for us and definitely has the qualities we need to add to our midfield. But we would also need an out and out DM in my opinion, especially with the 4-1-2-1-2 formation that Lambert prefers to play. Westwood-Sissoko would make a very good '2'. But if Lambert is going to insist on playing an out and out DM behind the two then that shouldn't be Sissoko as it would restrict what he is best at.

William Kvist has been mentioned a bit recently. He would be more of a real DM. But I think it would be a total dreamland for us to ask for Kvist and Sissoko.

Yeah, I was saying in the main transfer thread that Sissoko is certainly more box to box in the form of say Scott Parker and that if we really wanted a midfield destroyer, Capoue would be the man we would want from Toulouse. I would very much like two midfielders brought in and some decent combos would be: Sissoko/Diame, Capoue/Diame, Sissoko/Kvist, Kvist/Diame...that way one can partner Westwood in CM and the other sit just behind the other two. I can only hope :)

Sissoko and Diame will never never never ever ever ever happen. I can't believe people seriously discus it on the boards. Sure, it's fun to dream but some peeps on here are mental if they thinks its gonna happen fo' real ya'll

Edited by Ron Burgundy

Sissoko and Diame will never never never ever ever ever happen. I can't believe people seriously discus it on the boards. Sure, it's fun to dream but some peeps on here are mental if they thinks its gonna happen fo' real ya'll

Cheers Mr. Faulkner, thanks for pissing all over my dreams. :(