The Shay Given thread

RotaxMax125

Sherwood already said ahead of today's game that if we got to the final, Given would play. It's not even something worth speculating about, he'll play.

He didn't, he said he'd play UP TO the final - the suggestion was that Guzan would play in the final if we got there

Back when we played Man Utd in the league cup final, Guzan had been our "cup keeper" all competition - but Given started in the final.

Flip situation or not...?

Friedel

Sherwood already said ahead of today's game that if we got to the final, Given would play. It's not even something worth speculating about, he'll play.

He didn't, he said he'd play UP TO the final - the suggestion was that Guzan would play in the final if we got there

Not according to the Villa website.

Asked on the goalkeeping choice for Sunday, he said: "Shay plays."

Quizzed further whether Given would play the final if Villa get through, he continued: "Absolutely."

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4647671,00.html

He said in the final as well if we get there. I'm 100% certain Given will start if available. Harsh on Brad but I think having been dropped himself in that situation he'll see the fairness of it.

Not according to the Villa website.

Asked on the goalkeeping choice for Sunday, he said: "Shay plays."

Quizzed further whether Given would play the final if Villa get through, he continued: "Absolutely."

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4647671,00.html

Can't argue with that. Somewhere had run earlier in the week that he'd said he'd play up to the final, leaving the door open for Brad in the last match

I can't find the article but I was the one who posted in another thread that Sherwood stated that Given was going to start the Semi, but after that he was looking to Brad for the final if we made it. 

Â