U.S. Politics

maqroll

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

So is it an actual requirement to be senile when running to be president?

jo6z0p1oie241.jpg?width=633&auto=webp&s=445f160e0ecc8a4ae2deae5bb99223b559326e74

urban dictionary needs an update 😂

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=malarkey

"An Irish-American slang word meaning "bullshit". Most notably used by U.S. Vice President Joe Biden during the 2012 Vice Presidential debate in response to Rep. Paul Ryan's (R-Wis.) critique of the Obama Administration's response to the attacks in Benghazi, Libya."

Democrats are a mess. Biden is looking completely senile, Pocahontas seems to be doing pretty badly and reacts very poorly to certain types of questions and criticism, Sanders is just old and ranting, Mayor Pete, the more I see the less I like. At this stage Yang and Gabbard are the only two I like but they have zero chance of winning.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

37 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Democrats are a mess. Biden is looking completely senile, Pocahontas seems to be doing pretty badly and reacts very poorly to certain types of questions and criticism, Sanders is just old and ranting, Mayor Pete, the more I see the less I like. At this stage Yang and Gabbard are the only two I like but they have zero chance of winning.

There is actually a reasonable crossover with Trump supporters and Gabbard supporters, it’s the US isolationist stance that does it. 

I think it will be Pete Buttigieg. He is the most normal one out of them all, and he can actually take questions. I also think Trump is a little scared of Pete because he is probably the most calm and collected democrat so Trump's normal shithousery won't work. 

25 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

There is actually a reasonable crossover with Trump supporters and Gabbard supporters, it’s the US isolationist stance that does it. 

It's marginal. She will appeal to the independents who went for Trump and some of the democrats who flipped but I don't think the crossover, overall, is that big. 

Good to see Kamala Harris drop out, she's utterly vile.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I think it will be Pete Buttigieg. He is the most normal one out of them all, and he can actually take questions. I also think Trump is a little scared of Pete because he is probably the most calm and collected democrat so Trump's normal shithousery won't work. 

Lol Trump would absolutely dominate Pete on a debate stage, it would be embarrassing. The sooner Democrats realize we've moved past the charade of respectability politics, the better.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Is it too late for The Rock to run for the Democrats?  Would love to have seen that actually happen 😁

He seems to have grown exponentially every time I see him, I doubt the roidy bastard can fit in the oval office these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Bloomberg has a very good shot. He's loaded (outspending everyone at a mad rate currently) also he's male and white.

He comes across a reasonable and I think he'd be a viable alternative to the current clown show. New York has gone down drastically since he left under the idiot De Blasio.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Pete Buttigieg is gay. America will not elect a gay man as president. Perhaps before I die, but not in this election cycle. Pete has only won an election requiring order 5k votes thus far in his political career, so no chance he'll be considered for Pres, inspite of his current there way the wind blows popularity. He is positioning himself for a plum job with his work right now, and for a future legit run at the top job.

It's still months out from Iowa, and Hillary is still alluding to thinking from the wings, while attempting to sabotage Gabbard with Trump level bs, though notice the silence from all the caring progressives and mainstream Dems. Bloomberg is betting it all on super Tuesday, when Cali is up for grabs and whoever wins that will immediately take the lead in the Dem race. 

Meanwhile, the word is that the Biden camp via their internal polling believe that they can win in Iowa, hence his malarkey tour.

No surprise here, as I'm sure the ultimate result will not be a surprise either.  It's not even a close run thing, Trump has admitted the behaviour in the articles of impeachment, it has been corroborated by documents and witnesses, with every last scrap of evidence all pointing towards his guilt.  The Republicans are not even running a defense against the facts, choosing instead to point at process and seemingly yell about already debunked conspiracy theories.

So obviously the Republican senate will let him get away with it.  A sad place for a once great nation to find itself.

This would get no-where in a court of law.

Yes, I know impeachment is not at that standard but the polling numbers are not showing a public that are buying into this as that level of evidence isn't there. Election day will be when we find out how good of a decision Pelosi has made.

1 minute ago, villakram said:

This would get no-where in a court of law.

Yes, I know impeachment is not at that standard but the polling numbers are not showing a public that are buying into this as that level of evidence isn't there. Election day will be when we find out how good of a decision Pelosi has made.

I don't know what polls you are looking at but you are wrong on almost every singe point you have made there.  The evidence is there. The public are already at 51% in favor of impeaching him AND removing him from office.  The only thing you got right is that impeachment is not the same standard as a court of law.

1 hour ago, villakram said:

This would get no-where in a court of law. I should know, because I am a lawyer and am completely fluent in law and studied all of the law books based around law and being a lawyer.

FTFY.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Straggler said:

I don't know what polls you are looking at but you are wrong on almost every singe point you have made there.  The evidence is there. The public are already at 51% in favor of impeaching him AND removing him from office.  The only thing you got right is that impeachment is not the same standard as a court of law.

51% is polling error land or have you forgotten Brexit and 2016 already.

Evidence, but evidence of what?  The testimonies of the Dem legal experts yesterday were invoking many, many things. The Clinton/Obama voting Rep legal expert had the opposite opinion when focussing on the impeachment charges. Afterwards, unwanted focus was being placed on the "joke" by one of the Dem experts that invoked Trump's 13yr old child instead of the content of their testimonies.

Regarding evidence, Zelensky is quite insistent that a quid pro quo never happened or was offered for example.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/02/ukrainian-president-zelensky-grievances-trump-074755

“Look, I never talked to the president from the position of a quid pro quo. That’s not my thing,” he said, in some of his most extensive comments to date on the current political storm.

The Senate shows no sign whatsoever of budging, the republicans in the house also. This is all politics.

28 minutes ago, villakram said:

51% is polling error land or have you forgotten Brexit and 2016 already.

No it's not, the no evidence side is polling at about 42% thats a clear difference of 9%, this is not polling error territory

Â