U.S. Politics

maqroll

10 hours ago, peterms said:

There's a Scottish monetary economist named Ronald McDonald.  Serious bloke, well respected, but everyone suppresses a giggle when he is named.  And now, proposals for currency arrangements following possible Scottish independence, presented by Ronald McDonald.  No.

In that Scottish way of things, I assume everyone calls him “Big Mac”

• Haha 3

Trump issues warning to opponents: ‘It would be very bad’ if his military, police and biker supporters got ‘tough’
By Daniel DaleWashington Bureau Chief
Thu., March 14, 2019

WASHINGTON—U.S. President Donald Trump has warned his political opponents of the possibility that they could eventually be confronted by armed Trump supporters in and out of uniform, telling a right-wing website on Monday that “it would be very bad, very bad” if his backers in the military, police and a motorcycle group were provoked into getting “tough.”

Trump uttered the remark in an interview with Breitbart News, a right-wing website that supports him. It came, according to Breitbart, as Trump was arguing that “the left” plays politics in a “tougher” and more “vicious” manner than the pro-Trump right even though “the tough people” are on Trump’s side.

Their Star not our Star

More of a fascist by the day. What the actual F*** is he on?

3 hours ago, bickster said:

More of a fascist by the day. What the actual F*** is he on?

People are so lulled into a Trump stupor that they can't see the forest for the trees. Very troubling words, and absolute crickets from Capitol Hill.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

His response to the attacks in Christchurch is arguably just as bad as his response to Charlottesville:

Yet another new low achieved. 

Wow, I've seen that quote in a tweet of "guess who said this: the president or the shooter" but I didn't realize he said it in response to the shooting. 

Edited by Keyblade

For all those people who say the yanks don't do irony, I offer this:

Context seems to be more of his deranged rants about Venezuela, how it's all bad and how the US should invade and kill lots of people and take the oil.  A truly vicious, evil little man.  Waving the alter cloth of religious quotes can't disguise that.

Not sure where to put this (religion thread, Israel thread) but the Secretary of State for the US (probably the 2nd most important office in the country) is claiming this:

Pompeo says God may have sent Trump to save Israel from Iran

Are there enough facepalms or are we all living in some sort of weird drug induced dystopia?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

'I feel like God wants me to run for President. I can't explain it, but I sense my country is going to need me. Something is going to happen... I know it won't be easy on me or my family, but God wants me to do it.'

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c9501624d4a636a4d

27 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Are there enough facepalms or are we all living in some sort of weird drug induced dystopia?

Nope,  you just live in 'murica. We expect idiot American politicians to say stuff like this

Â