U.S. Politics

maqroll

Seth Abramson is going to do a 1500 tweet thread about how the report isn't a massive anticlimax, and how it ties together a million other tweet threads of more silver bullets than rounds fired in World War One.

• Like 1

My prediction is that there will be nothing concrete on Trump himself but some of his inner circle (Kushner, Trump Jr etc) could be in hot water. 

Edit: Looks like not even that...

Edited by LondonLax

14 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Seth Abramson is going to do a 1500 tweet thread about how the report isn't a massive anticlimax, and how it ties together a million other tweet threads of more silver bullets than rounds fired in World War One.

Stopped following that guy aged ago. Just a constant barrage of almost QAnon level type tweets.

53 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Stopped following that guy aged ago. Just a constant barrage of almost QAnon level type tweets.

I like to mock his style. I think he's probably fundamentally right about most things - Trump is dodgy and a lot of things around him are shifty as ****. But I can't bear his style. He has a horrific habit of making out every, single, tiny thing into part of the wider web of a million other things he's gone on about and each one of those things is the silver bullet that puts Trump down. And then writing a hundred tweets about it. You kinda feel like he'd go mental over Trump's second cousin twice removed once buying a sandwich in a shop next door to a Russian restaurant. When ultimately not everything is going to be important.

I think his heart is in the right place but he's got a very over excitable manner and a medium very unsuited to it.

• Like 1

`My prediction: The report is crippling for Trump. He'll resign the office with full immunity. New York state will be the vehicle that brings justice to him and his inner circle. President Pence for the next 2 years and a Dem blowout in 2020.

Trump will go to prison, it's just a matter of when and for how long.

I predict nothing major will come of this and Trump will be re-elected in 2020 because the US of A will rather have him than a woman, a mooslim, a latino or a commie as president.

Surprise me America.

• Like 1

My prediction - nothing happens.

Trump will not be going to prison. Your absolute best hope is that the report is damaging enough to people and organisations close enough to Trump that he is pressured to stand down, and even that is a helluva stretch.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Chindie said:

My prediction - nothing happens.

Trump will not be going to prison. Your absolute best hope is that the report is damaging enough to people and organisations close enough to Trump that he is pressured to stand down, and even that is a helluva stretch.

Serving Presidents can't go to prison can they?

I imagine there will be evidence of collusion, more in terms of them being manipulated, rather than doing the manipulating - at least in terms of the amount of proof needed to prosecute. A sort of wilful naivety and ignorance of the law, rather than all out clear cut consciously breaking the law they knew to be in place. Low level effwittery. Probably also stuff outside the bounds of his remit to pursue may get passed on to state prosecutors - I mean it seems like about half of his associated are crooks of one sort or another. You'd assume all the digging around would turn up plenty of stuff to go at.

Maybe enough will come out to stop the Republican senators and representatives being so blindly supportive of him - if he becomes a liability with voters, then perhaps more normality will return?

yeah **** all will happen. Teflon Don will carry on being repugnantly corrupt, nasty, racist, offensive etc and his shit-for-brains supporters will lap him up. Trump will get 4 more years because America IS that **** messed up

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blandy said:

I imagine there will be evidence of collusion

As in evidence of a conspiracy between Trump and agents of the Russian state to influence the election?

That was meant to be the basis of the investigation, but there's been nothing to support that remarkable accusation, as far as I can see.

42 minutes ago, peterms said:

As in evidence of a conspiracy between Trump and agents of the Russian state to influence the election?

That was meant to be the basis of the investigation, but there's been nothing to support that remarkable accusation, as far as I can see.

No, not conspiracy, as I said above “...them being manipulated, rather than doing the manipulating - at least in terms of the amount of proof needed to prosecute. A sort of wilful naivety and ignorance of the law, rather than all out clear cut consciously breaking the law they knew to be in place. Low level effwittery”

We already all but know there’s been collusion (which isn’t a crime). The meeting between Trump junior and and the Russian in trump tower to get dirt on Clinton... there’s loads of stuff out there already.

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

No, not conspiracy, as I said above “...them being manipulated, rather than doing the manipulating - at least in terms of the amount of proof needed to prosecute. A sort of wilful naivety and ignorance of the law, rather than all out clear cut consciously breaking the law they knew to be in place. Low level effwittery”

We already all but know there’s been collusion (which isn’t a crime). The meeting between Trump junior and and the Russian in trump tower to get dirt on Clinton... there’s loads of stuff out there already.

It seems to have been built up as so much more, in what I see reported from the US media.  Specifically, acting in concert with the Russian state to undermine the democratic process.  Big claim.

I see this has just come out.

US attorney general William Barr has handed a summary of the special counsel’s report on Russian interference in the 2016 election to members of Congress, revealing that Mueller found no “Trump campaign official or associate conspired or knowingly co-ordinated” with Russian operatives during the 2016 campaign.

Â