U.S. Politics

maqroll

I had to get home and get the package
ready for Ivanka to take on her trip. 

Also, I had to get to Sanders' to give
the package a whack with quinine. 

Plus, I knew Sanders would get on my ass. 

I had the cooking to finish,
and I had to get Ivanka ready for her trip. 

-lt's Sanders What the f*** is this?
-She's a pain in the ass. 

-When are you coming over?
-ln an hour. 

-You staying tonight, right?
-I can't. I got my brother tonight. 

Come on, stop. Stop.
We'll talk about it later, okay? Good-bye. 

-Hello?
-It's me. You ready? 

Tell Eric not to let the sauce stick. 

-Daddy says don't let the sauce stick.
-I'm stirring it. 

-Listen, you know what to do?
-Yeah, yeah.

Don't "yeah, yeah" me, Ivanka
This is important. 

Make sure you leave the house
when you make the call. 

Understand me? Call from an outside line.
I mean it! 

Jesus, you must think I'm dumb.
I know what to do. 

You little hick, just make sure you do it! 

You're a pain.

-Hey! Just do it!
-Okay

Un-f******-believable. All of them.
Every **** girl in my life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Can you please clarify this and elaborate on what you are alluding to here please? It would be most appreciated.

Alright 5 eyes I'll humour you ;)

frank-zappa-freeom-nwo.jpg&f=1

Was the quote I referenced. Zappa really did leave us with some beauties -

politics-is-the-entertainment-division-o

People may well be offended by Trump, people may think things have changed under him (or even in the UK since 'Brexit'), people may well believe he is setting us on some new path. The reality is nothing has changed apart from a few people's perception. In my humble opinion. We know Western Governments not only support ethnic cleansing and war-crimes (see Yemen now) but have either directly funded them (East Timor/Chile etc) or at least built an entire empire off the back of them. In the country you are I'm sure the plight of the Aboriginal people is not lost on you, the role the 'civilised' settlers have in the ethnic cleansing and torture in Australian history. Tell me it's all different now....... Nauru and Manus would suggest to me it's the same shit with a different label.

The Adam Curtis documentaries are out there - IMDB. Hypernormalisation, Century of the Self, Bitter Lake, The Trap - Whatever happened to our dream of freedom, The Power of Nightmares. All worth a watch imo.

The real information wars (not the youtube parody guy!) is laid out quite well in Alex Gibney's Zero Days - Also IMDB. That is the world we live in. In the respect of modern day warfare. Another of his films - Standard Operating Procedure - is a great insight into the goings on of those US troops stationed abroad. Normalising torture, indiscriminately arresting people and so on.

As for the end bit of my original post, it's hope really, more than anything. But Trump is a useful tool to those intent on going in to Iran for instance. Unlike Hilary he is not feigning a humanitarian quest. 'Good guys' who get the job done seems more the order of the day. Draining the swamp seems to have taken a back seat for now! Many questions remain about why he is there, doing the job he is in the manner he is (and indeed on behalf of what interests), but the US flexing it's muscle, sanctioning nation states like Cuba and Venezuela, wading into Arabian deserts with their nuclear arsenal, propping up Israel, Waging a war on a noun around the world or the war on drugs in Colombia, his whole foreign policy - it's absolutely nothing new, in fact it is the behaviour that should be expected as it has been openly practiced or indeed proven in the past. In the same way that Trump's own behaviour should be of surprise to no one. The moment enough people realise this and the brick wall is exposed, the only thing that will save the powers that be is sycophancy. And don't get me wrong, that's worked well for hundreds and hundreds of years. How else are we supposed to classify the tacet approval of our collective governments by a seemingly passive society?

Take 'Fake News' for instance - he has a point, it's not like embedded journalists isn't a thing. Also though, hiding in plain sight 101. It's turning on the sycophants now they are of no use. Keeping them in line with threats over the bows of their malfeasance. And as for Wikileaks on the other end of the journalistic spectrum........well, we'll see how that ends. That some people will automatically want to talk about the rape charges and the traitor style labels for releasing state secrets shows the illusion works well imo. I thought the issue was that they highlighted and proved actual war-crimes! How silly of me missing the point like that all this time!

Trump may well be psychopathic for all we know, and people are questioning this. When will they realise our whole global system is the real psychopath though? Or at least stop pretending or fooling themselves it isn't, is the burning question to me. And then, what are they going to do about it? Because boycotting Primark or not buying frozen lasagne for a couple of weeks just isn't going to cut it. Choosing between two shit sandwiches at the brexit vote has nothing to do with a progressive move, nor does UBI. I believe we are somewhere near to the end of the era of game-theory. What will replace it as a tenet of human existence is anyone's guess.

th?id=OIP.9GCDTjirZ7Lr9XlKEOIyzwHaHd%26p

The 'norm' is of course defined by individual perception though right? and that is the battle for hearts and minds right there.

Edited by VILLAMARV
added a word
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

People may well be offended by Trump, people may think things have changed under him (or even in the UK since 'Brexit'), people may well believe he is setting us on some new path. The reality is nothing has changed apart from a few people's perception. In my humble opinion.

Nonsense. And it just opens up the way for the kind of apologia there has been on the previous page or two.

Are there many shitehawk, obnoxious things that still remain the same? Absolutely.

Nothing has changed apart from a few people's perception? Glib, self-satisfied, "I always saw through it all" tosh.

Take 'Fake News' for instance - he has a point

No, he doesn't. Nor has anyone else who repeats this stupid, asinine phrase.

**** Frank Zappa.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Humour me if you like.

WTF are you on about? :P

I don't know there's an explanation for that even at the best of times.

Seriously though I was referring to TPTB as an enemy of the people, which I wasn't sure had any relevance to your post.

7 hours ago, snowychap said:

Nonsense. And it just opens up the way for the kind of apologia there has been on the previous page or two.

Honestly, help me understand what you're all on about with this apologia stuff. I've read the posts too, I didn't feel anyone was normalising Trump's behaviour or being an apologist.

Are there many shitehawk, obnoxious things that still remain the same? Absolutely.

Nothing has changed apart from a few people's perception? Glib, self-satisfied, "I always saw through it all" tosh.

Firstly, what? What has changed? In the context of the post it's plain to see the point is made about military interventions. Would you say things have or are likely to get better or worse in that regard? Do you believe it has been any different over the last 50 years?

Secondly, what a load of nonsense you chose to tag on the end of that second sentence. Disregard the fact that I was replying to someone who I was accusing of those things on the last few pages if you like. But you even quoted 'in my humble opinion' how glib and self aggrandising of me :crylaugh:

No, he doesn't. Nor has anyone else who repeats this stupid, asinine phrase.

Not entirely sure if you're seriously suggesting there is no 'fake news'. In fact, I know you're not that stupid. So what is it? Is it the phrase? What are you riling against? Does it oversimplify the point too much? Having a point about the bastardisation of people's perception of the 'good' press or indeed the language itself does not make everything reported as fact a fact.

8 hours ago, snowychap said:

**** Frank Zappa.

Necrophile ?

Is it the phrase? What are you riling against? Does it oversimplify the point too much?

It's the phrase, its who uses it (on the whole) and how and why it is used. It doesn't 'oversimplify' anything. It doesn't even make a point. It is just meaningless mantra like the bandying about of 'terrorism' and 'terrorist'.

No, of course I am not seriously suggesting that people don't lie and spread disinformation (by and in any sort of media).

Virtually no one using this god awful phrase has any interest in this phenomenon and what to do about it, they are only interested in using it (the phrase) as a jumping off point for what they want to do or say, a rallying point for their supporters (us and them) or a cloak for the crap that they come out with (their own contribution to the disinformation and lies).

Anyone not in the camp above using the phrase ought to hang their heads in shame. No one in that camp has any.

Edited by snowychap

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The ironic thing about 'fake news' is that it's Trump that is always parrotting about it, when he's the biggest culprit. 

Pretty much everything he says about anyone or anything seems to be a reflection of himself - "Crooked" Hillary etc. etc. ad nauseam. Everything is always about him, deep (shallow) down.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Hiding in plain sight

Speaking of hiding in plain sight, I thought this from today's paper was a good example.

Though not hiding all that successfully.

Author of How to Murder Your Husband charged with murdering husband

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â