U.S. Politics

maqroll

It's that Zappa quote again, the one about pulling back the curtain to reveal the brick wall at the back of the theatre.

It has become too expensive or troublesome (or both) to maintain the illusion. While the flow of information can be regulated the status quo can be upheld. We are undoubtedly fully immersed in the age of information, When industrial sabotage can be done at the press of a key on a keyboard from the other side of the globe. The battle for our hearts and minds is where the fight is. We all pressed 'like' on the Adam Curtis documentaries when they come around. Watch them back. Sometimes it's hard to see the wood for the trees. Trump is a great diversionary tactic, but I don't think those clever, unscrupulous people behind the scenes think they are fooling anyone at this point. I think they know they're coming to the end of an era and are ramping up things and going 'all in'. Someone like Trump fits the bill perfectly for these aims.

Last week's Remainiacs podcast had an interesting section on the Trump administration and the WTO. The WTO operates under a small group of judges that work under fixed terms and then get replaced. The Trump White House has effectively blocked the appointment of the appointment of new judges, meaning they are now at the minimum of judges for the organisation to operate, and more are due to leave their posts next year, meaning if more judges do not get appointed, the whole thing will grind to a halt.

Why he's doing this, well that's open to interpretation. One of the hosts on the podcast posited that Trump is so myopic in his view of power that he believes the US holding the strongest military means they should be beholden to no-one in any facet and the WTO represents a block on that viewpoint.

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Manafort just pled guilty to Conspiracy against the USA. Junior or Kushner must be next!

I suspect they'll not be allowed to do a deal, they are two of the pots of gold at the end of the rainbow

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Manafort just pled guilty to Conspiracy against the USA. Junior or Kushner must be next!

Will he do jail time is the real question. He should as part of a guilty plea, but he is connected and supposedly surrendering much of the ill-gotten gains.

9 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

It's that Zappa quote again, the one about pulling back the curtain to reveal the brick wall at the back of the theatre.

It has become too expensive or troublesome (or both) to maintain the illusion. While the flow of information can be regulated the status quo can be upheld. We are undoubtedly fully immersed in the age of information, When industrial sabotage can be done at the press of a key on a keyboard from the other side of the globe. The battle for our hearts and minds is where the fight is. We all pressed 'like' on the Adam Curtis documentaries when they come around. Watch them back. Sometimes it's hard to see the wood for the trees. Trump is a great diversionary tactic, but I don't think those clever, unscrupulous people behind the scenes think they are fooling anyone at this point. I think they know they're coming to the end of an era and are ramping up things and going 'all in'. Someone like Trump fits the bill perfectly for these aims.

Can you please clarify this and elaborate on what you are alluding to here please?

It would be most appreciated.

While I don't think I grasp your post just yet, I have a sound belief in never underestimating people, and that includes an enemy.

The battle for our hearts and minds might be where the fight is, but the means to which could easily be through taint and pollution as it could be through integrity and trust. Please excuse me if I have missed the mark entirely with that comment.

A favour to ask to finish. If you have the time and interest, can you read my post in the 'corporate evil' thread and again, only if it suits you, do some reading on the Red House Report and tell me what you think? I would be intrigued.

Edited by A'Villan

Quite astonishing.  After a police officer enters a man's apartment, apparently thinking it was her own, and shoots him dead, the police get a search warrant for the dead man's home, find some weed, and leak it to the media as some kind of justification for killing him.

The killer's property is not searched.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, villakram said:

Yup... punishment befitting a true evil banker may well be on the cards.

I'm not sure modern day penal codes provide for punishment befitting bankers.  That's probably just as well.

The Assyrian room in the British Museum, however...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peterms said:

Thread starting here, discussing possibilities for what the deal with Mueller might involve.

From what I can gather , Just to even get a chance of seeing freedom again before  he's an old man ,  Manafort has to tell EVERYTHING about ...

Image result for everyone gif

Loving season 8's direction .

55 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

While I don't think I grasp your post just yet, I have a sound belief in never underestimating people, and that includes an enemy.

giphy.gif

59 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Can you please clarify this and elaborate on what you are alluding to here please?

It would be most appreciated.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

The battle for our hearts and minds might be where the fight is, but the means to which could easily be through taint and pollution as it could be through integrity and trust. Please excuse me if I have missed the mark entirely with that comment.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

A favour to ask to finish. If you have the time and interest, can you read my post in the 'corporate evil' thread and again, only if it suits you, do some reading on the Red House Report and tell me what you think? I would be intrigued.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Â