U.S. Politics

maqroll

On 06/09/2018 at 20:11, HanoiVillan said:

When Trump finds this person, he or she will also be dumped out pretty quickly (as they should be) and what will follow will not be a trial for sedition, but the media hypocritically declaring them a 'hero of the Resistance' (just like John McCain!), a tour of the talk shows and an absurd book deal. 

cough, cough

trump on hurricanes - 

I think Puerto Rico was an incredible, unsung success,” he said. “Texas, we had been given A-plusses for. Florida, we’ve been given A-plusses for. I think, in a certain way, the best job we did was Puerto Rico but nobody would understand that

just the 3,000 deaths, $90bn in damage, oxfam got involved because of the lack of response, months of no electricity or water, they expect a 14% drop in population as people emigrated to escape the conditions

add to that again, and im not even sure why anymore, i heard trump's address this morning on the news, how is this man in power? he talks like a child this hurricane is "tremendously big and tremendously wet, tremendous amount of water" but its ok because they are "absolutely totally prepared" 

• Like 2

Trump failed to show empathy for a the victims of a terror attack that occurred in his own city, he’s never going to do it for brown people is he.

He’s essentially a shitty promoter who can’t stop talking himself and his projects up at the expense of any rationality. That and he’s effing thick

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Trump failed to show empathy for a the victims of a terror attack that occurred in his own city, he’s never going to do it for brown people is he.

He’s essentially a shitty promoter who can’t stop talking himself and his projects up at the expense of any rationality. That and he’s effing thick

This clip of him discussing 9/11 with regard to how it means his building was now the tallest in New York is weird.  It's as though the external world and what happens in it has significance only in so far as it reflects his status.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

That and he’s effing thick

This is one thing I don't think he is.

He may do some idiotic things and blind himself in the process of inflating his ego further, among many other less than favourable qualities of his character, but thick implies low intelligence.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

This is one thing I don't think he is.

He may do some idiotic things and blind himself in the process of inflating his ego further, among many other less than favourable qualities of his character, but thick implies low intelligence.

Despite the US president attesting to the fact he finished “top of his class” at Wharton business school of the University of Pennsylvania, his former professor college professor William T. Kelley had another view.

After Kelley’s death, Frank DiPrima a close friend of Kelley revealed that the professor felt the president was a fool.

“Professor Kelley told me 100 times over three decades that ‘Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had,'” DiPrima wrote for the Daily Kos.

“I remember his emphasis and inflection — it went like this — ‘Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had’

DiPrima explained that Kelley told him this after Trump became a celebrity, but “long before” he was deemed a political figure.

“Dr. Kelley often referred to Trump’s arrogance when he told of this — that Trump came to Wharton thinking he already knew everything,” Di Prima added.

Clicky

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

His arrogance is astounding. So it doesn't surprise me that one of his teachers confirms as much.

Just about everything I hear about Trump makes me wonder how we as a people can tolerate and allow for his rise.

I do not admire him in the slightest, so I don't know why I am bothering to defend his intelligence, but unfortunately being likeable or benevolent is not a prerequisite for intellect.

17 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

His arrogance is astounding. So it doesn't surprise me that one of his teachers confirms as much.

Just about everything I hear about Trump makes me wonder how we as a people can tolerate and allow for his rise.

I do not admire him in the slightest, so I don't know why I am bothering to defend his intelligence, but unfortunately being likeable or benevolent is not a prerequisite for intellect.

You only have to read some of the highlights from Fear, the Bob Woodward book to know how bloody stupid he is.The one about telling Cohn to print more money to reduce the national debt is astounding, especially as he finished top of his class in business skool 

• Thanks 1

Muhammad Ali failed the army IQ test but is undoubtedly a wonderful mind. I wouldn't give too much credit to IQ, even though it serves a purpose.

An experiment was done on farmers and it was ascertained that after harvesting and obtaining the wealth from it, they were 14 IQ points higher than they were during periods leading up to the harvest.

I have done multiple IQ tests and have had varied results, up to 20 points difference. That's enough to take me from someone who struggles intellectually up to someone of average intelligence, or on the other end, an extraordinary genius down to above average intelligence.

@bickster I'll have to take your word for it mate. I haven't read a lot about Trump. I guess I'm no fan of the Kardashians or what they represent, but it's pretty indisputable that they hold influence and have a knack for self promotion, which requires maneuvering through certain challenges en route to obtaining what they want. I see Trump in a similar light.

• Like 1

Ok, a couple of points to calm down the groupthink that's bordering on navel gazing.

That a bankruptcy means you are a failure, simply means that you don't understand how the neo-liberal world works. Of course, those who are in power are happy the the hoi polloi think this way. Pay back your loans peons! 

Also, it's a little weird to think Trump is stupid. He did win a free and fair democratic election to be president, against essentially everyone from what we would classical call the center or in modern parlance the establishment. It might make *you* feel better to think this way however. None, does he act erratically and in a manner that appears to be stupid as judged by previously normal standards, yup. Had he been treated with a modicum of respect along the way, his campaign would likely have died shortly after New Hampshire.

36 minutes ago, villakram said:

Also, it's a little weird to think Trump is stupid. He did win a free and fair democratic election to be president, against essentially everyone from what we would classical call the center or in modern parlance the establishment. 

So, popularity = intelligence? Riiiight.... 

• Like 1

Â