U.S. Politics

maqroll

I have an american friend,and i asked him about Donald Trump, and he said that he is one of the worst presidents america has ever had.

Funny who people can view things so differently.

It's a lie

But according to Nielsen data, Mr Obama's first official State of the Union speech in 2010 attracted 48 million viewers.

Mr Clinton's State of the Union pulled in a record 66.9 million television viewers in 1993.

Mr Bush pulled in 62.1 million in 2003, a few weeks before the Iraq War.

Not that anyone should be surprised that he lies, he tells lies more often than he tells the truth, but how mind blowingly stupid is it to lie about something so easily checked? 

Because he needs to be the best, even if it isn't true. He probably doesn't even know he's lying.

It also doesn't really matter that he is lying. Those that will know he's lying (or care to look) aren't going to be on his side. Those that are on his side, won't look and will buy into him even more. So the lie doesn't hurt him. I don't think it's done purposefully like this (he lies about everything, things nobody, even his biggest fans, are likely to care about) but it's a nice side effect.

A lie can run around the world before the truth has got it's boots on, to quote a very smart man.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Not that anyone should be surprised that he lies, he tells lies more often than he tells the truth, but how mind blowingly stupid is it to lie about something so easily checked? 

Has he 'normalized' it yet?

Who'd have thought some of us would be hankering after the days of 'mis-truths' and 'wrong speak'?

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

Because he needs to be the best, even if it isn't true. He probably doesn't even know he's lying.

It also doesn't really matter that he is lying. Those that will know he's lying (or care to look) aren't going to be on his side. Those that are on his side, won't look and will buy into him even more. So the lie doesn't hurt him. I don't think it's done purposefully like this (he lies about everything, things nobody, even his biggest fans, are likely to care about) but it's a nice side effect.

A lie can run around the world before the truth has got it's boots on, to quote a very smart man.

Yeah this exchange in this thread really shows that (read the replies to her tweets). The amount of goalpost moving and refusal to accept reality is incredible.

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Political debate is poisonous now. And the sides are happy to play that like a fiddle, whether intentionally or not.

We should just nuke the internet honestly. Social media has caused more harm than good at this point. 

• Like 1

I feel like something big is brewing. Trump keeps attacking the FBI, but now he has this phony proof they are corrupt and anti-trump. I can't imagine he keeps getting away with this while he destroys a whole organization's reputation all because they are looking into his shady background. 

I just can't believe Trump appoints a guy to be the FBI director, then he goes against his own guy and calls his organization corrupt. 

Â