U.S. Politics

maqroll

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Likelihood of people owning guns vs likelihood of going to college

08202E89-0595-4792-A399-A8801DE81465.jpeg

Yeah, well, be fair. Those college graduates can defend themselves with cutting wit and withering sarcasm. If you're a poor uneducated hillbilly, what are you going to do if somebody coms at you with an analogy? You have little choice but to shoot them. 

• Like 3

McCabe has stepped down. For some perspective of Trump and McCabe.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-mccabe-trump-20171223-story.html

President Trump reacted to reports Saturday about the coming retirement of FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, who has been buffeted by attacks from the president and his Republican allies over alleged anti-Trump bias in the agency, by repeating falsehoods about McCabe's wife.

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Crazy partisan moves by the GOP on the House Intelligence Committee this evening. It certainly feels like things are coming to the end of the road...

Yes, and Trump's canning of McCabe suggests he's testing the waters for canning Mueller, which just might mean the start of another.

No puppet, you're the puppet

Just to clarify, the Russian sanctions were passed into law by both houses, with an absolute veto-proof majority and the sitting POTUS refused to enact it into law.

We're in dictator territory. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Just to clarify, the Russian sanctions were passed into law by both houses, with an absolute veto-proof majority and the sitting POTUS refused to enact it into law.

Comments below that tweet, one commentator said he will look to find a way to cancel mid terms and the 2020 election, I know it was in jest but you could definitely see it happening.

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Presidents have the power to instruct the Justice Department not to pursue certain types of crimes. Obama did this with regard to, off the top of my head, small time pot consumption, trading with Cuba, and the deportation of certain types of illegal immigrants. Is this actually very different?

(It's a different argument, and maybe an interesting one, whether the executive has too much power and the legislature too little. But I don't think this makes Trump a dictator, unless Obama was one as well). 

• Like 1

Last night we watched episode 6 of 'Dirty Money' on Netflix called "The Confidence Man."

It analyzes Trumps character from the late 70's particularly his use of media and his public perception. It also looks at his real estate business focussing on the last decade or so of deals in Azerbaijan, Trump Soho in NYC and Trump Moscow. All of this information I'm sure many of you have read before but this is the first well made documentary I have seen that collates it all into one place. It is worth seeking out.

• Like 1

Maybe McCabe was pushed out because he engaged in some dodgy behavior, e.g., see who his wife is, seems like a conflict of interest to me, but what do I know. Why is it that everyone who is anti-Trump is all pure and innocent. The FBI has so many skeletons in it's closet and plenty of them are still warm.

So I'm sure it was a total coincidence that all in one night

McCabe leaves

the GOP vote to release their 'smoking gun' memo.

vote to block the Dem's memo refuting it and

Trump refuses to sanction Russia even though it was passed through congress (517-5) and was already signed into law himself

all coincidences, yessiree

Edited by StefanAVFC

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He signed it into law, then decided not to instate the law. That's how it's different IIRC.

It's not an executive order. 

Looking further into this, it seems that the administration were required to meet two deadlines yesterday, one to create and release a list of rich Russians connected to their defence industry, and secondly to begin imposing sanctions on companies, organisations or individuals with extensive dealings with the Russian military or security services. They have done the first, but elected not to do the second, with the justification that a] defense purchasing timelines are very long, therefore it would be unfair to begin sanctions, and b] that a large amount of potential business has already been discouraged. 

I guess it'll be decided in a lawsuit. But I think it's a stretch to describe this situation as 'like a dictatorship'. 

5 hours ago, villakram said:

Maybe McCabe was pushed out because he engaged in some dodgy behavior, e.g., see who his wife is, seems like a conflict of interest to me, but what do I know. Why is it that everyone who is anti-Trump is all pure and innocent. The FBI has so many skeletons in it's closet and plenty of them are still warm.

Have a look at the timeline of all that.

His Wife's campaign was over before he was made assistant director

Any political donations were made to his wife's campaign not him

It's yet another red herring thrown about by the GOP desperate to discredit the DOJ and the FBI because they've got a money laundering, in debt to the Russians narcissistic knobhead leading them and the country

He's also the last person in the FBI that James Comey confided in, the rest have already been let go... and that's where this ones coming from

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Have a look at the timeline of all that.

His Wife's campaign was over before he was made assistant director

Any political donations were made to his wife's campaign not him

It's yet another red herring thrown about by the GOP desperate to discredit the DOJ and the FBI because they've got a money laundering, in debt to the Russians narcissistic knobhead leading them and the country

He's also the last person in the FBI that James Comey confided in, the rest have already been let go... and that's where this ones coming front

So you think that being married to a Democratic candidate who received a big bag of money from the Clintons/their allies (they had taken over the Dem party at this point as has been revealed by Brazile) is not a conflict of interest in a political investigation :huh: This alone is a huge black mark against him. I'm not aware of it being a crime, but it looks all sorts of wrong.

Also, there are stories emerging regarding McCabe suggesting official FBI interview forms be edited at a later date (!!) and that he leaked a conversation he had with Priebus in the WH to the press. Of course, both of these are from the usual sources, so buyer beware.

And none of this says anything about the amoral acts he undertook while in the FBI, e.g., see the Bundy latest, or the Michigan militia or any of the <90 IQ individuals who they set up for terrorist charges.

9 minutes ago, villakram said:

So you think that being married to a Democratic candidate who received a big bag of money from the Clintons/their allies (they had taken over the Dem party at this point as has been revealed by Brazile) is not a conflict of interest in a political investigation :huh: This alone is a huge black mark against him. I'm not aware of it being a crime, but it looks all sorts of wrong.

Also, there are stories emerging regarding McCabe suggesting official FBI interview forms be edited at a later date (!!) and that he leaked a conversation he had with Priebus in the WH to the press. Of course, both of these are from the usual sources, so buyer beware.

And none of this says anything about the amoral acts he undertook while in the FBI, e.g., see the Bundy latest, or the Michigan militia or any of the <90 IQ individuals who they set up for terrorist charges.

FDR and Eleanor Roosevelt, Gerald and Betty Ford, hell even George and Laura Bush, they all say hello

As for the FBI stuff its got absolutely nothing to do with your original point, nor has it anything to do with Trump forcing him out.

Â