U.S. Politics

maqroll

He gets all shouty on that morning show he does with that suzannna hubba hubba, but he's quite good when he's doing the life stories and serial killer things. 

He's a right knob and a complete narcissist, but he's not completely stupid, so when he's not been controversial for the sake of it, he can  make some decent points/ask some decent questions.

Bringing it back OT, Trump 'likes' Morgan and I think he'll relax into it and make an even bigger fool of himself than normal. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

For balance I think he is an absolutely appalling interviewer that shouts over the interviewee as invariably its his show. He is in short a word removed. 

Well yes, but that's not a personal failing.  It's industry standard.

It's not always shouting, in fact shouting is frowned on.

Usually it is framing the terms of debate, so R4 discussions of the economy and political choices about how to manage it normally start "Well we all know we have to cut spending, so where would you do it?", which is a deeply political assertion framed as a simple fact.  See Humphrys, Robinson, ooh, the whole "Toady" lineup.

It's also straw men.  A good example is C4, with the discredited Cathy Newman (how does she still work after that proven bunch of lies about being thrown out of a mosque?) interviewing a rightwing Canadian academic, and doing a pathetic job of failing to engage with his (actually quite interesting) points, instead trying to caricature them and force him to rebut her silly fantasy, thus dragging his argument into the gutter of her impoverished imagination.  I gather the video went viral on alt-right sites, and I see he has done an analysis of her interviewing technique,  to compound her discomfiture.

The there's the bollocks about the White Helmets, set up by a UK "security" adviser, operating only in areas held by al Queda, Isis, or Nusra, pretending to rescue people and fabricating stories about chemical weapons, usually on the eve of some international discussion regarding Syria.

The arse in question simply fits in with what is required in his trade.  He may be a little more brash, crass, opinionated and self-regarding even than the rest of them, but he's firmly in the same toilet block.

• Like 2

Trump Ordered Mueller Fired, but Backed Off When White House Counsel Threatened to Quit

President Trump ordered the firing last June of Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel overseeing the Russia investigation, according to four people told of the matter, but ultimately backed down after the White House counsel threatened to resign rather than carry out the directive.

The West Wing confrontation marks the first time Mr. Trump is known to have tried to fire the special counsel. Mr. Mueller learned about the episode in recent months as his investigators interviewed current and former senior White House officials in his inquiry into whether the president obstructed justice.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/us/politics/trump-mueller-special-counsel-russia.html?mtrref=undefined

Oh dear Donny this is not good optics lol.

Of course he'll just deny it.....

McGahn is no angel - I'm sure he did this, not because he thought it was wrong, but because he thought it was dangerous.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42829555

US president Donald Trump has said he is prepared to apologise for retweeting posts from a British far-right group.

In an interview with ITV's Piers Morgan, Mr Trump said he knew "nothing" about Britain First before sharing three of its videos in November.

"If you are telling me they're horrible people, horrible, racist people, I would certainly apologise if you'd like me to do that," he told Morgan.

It might be just me, but that doesnt really sound like an apology? 

I'm staggered at how thick so many of these multi-millionaires seem to be, on both sides of the pond.

It's one thing to be a liar, to cover something up that benefits you, but to tie yourself up in knots when you're trying to tell lies?  That's like primary school shit.

**** idiots.

• Like 1

Just now, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

It's not an apology.  He's also only mentioning the people who originated the content rather than the bullshit content itself.  Essentially, if you or I had posted the same content he'd have retweeted that without any worries.

3 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

It's like a little mental game a seven-year-old might play.  Use the word "apologise" in the belief it will make people think you apologised, while being able to tell yourself you didn't apologise.  Oh dear.

I hate Piers Morgan.

But must admit I quite like his "Life Story" interviews. They're ok. He's also done a couple of decent documentaries about prisons which are pretty good.

But he's still a horrible, horrible man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

The Mooch reappears and speaks live form Davos at 3:30am.

This and the recent Stephen Miller interview seem like something from The Apprentice.  It's some jerk making a pitch, hoping to appeal to Trump for a job, for advancement, for patronage.  If we try to understand it as a normal interview, with questions being asked and hopefully answered with at least a modicum of honesty, we make what philosophers call a category mistake.  It's not that at all, and to view it in those terms is misguided.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The Mooch is back!!! Dah dar daaaaaarrrrrrrrr.

The Mooch reappears and speaks live form Davos at 3:30am.

The soap opera continues.

We need more Mooch. He's the most unintentionally hilarious of them all. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Trump Ordered Mueller Fired, but Backed Off When White House Counsel Threatened to Quit

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/us/politics/trump-mueller-special-counsel-russia.html?mtrref=undefined

Oh dear Donny this is not good optics lol.

Of course he'll just deny it.....

McGahn is no angel - I'm sure he did this, not because he thought it was wrong, but because he thought it was dangerous.

More Anonymous sources from the NYT. This publication has zero credibility. 

Just now, bickster said:

Yet again though, not exactly denied either

Ok, so if I write

"A number of credible VTs told me that bickster actually thinks Alex McLeish was unlucky and should have been given more time", then that's true unless you deny it, but the old adage goes that it's only true when officially denied. What a pickle.

McLeish was and is shite btw!

13 minutes ago, villakram said:

Ok, so if I write

"A number of credible VTs told me that bickster actually thinks Alex McLeish was unlucky and should have been given more time", then that's true unless you deny it, but the old adage goes that it's only true when officially denied. What a pickle.

McLeish was and is shite btw!

OK so if I write villakram said kill all jews it shouldn't have been reported unless you can find at least two sources who are prepared to go on the record and say it was true even though those sources are employed by villakram and would instantly lose their jobs if they went public

The truth would rarely get out

Yes it would be nice to get these verifiable sources but it's not going to happen much is it when people's livelihoods are at stake

FWIW this journo claims to have not 2 but 4 different independent sources for the story

EDIT: The Mooch as good as admits the story is true in the above interview

• Like 1

Â