U.S. Politics

maqroll

His claims prove Trump is lying about his relationship with Papadopoulos

I mean, Trump is demonstrably a liar, so he's probably lying about this too, but this isn't how 'claims' work, they don't 'prove' anything.

• Like 2

#BoycottKeurig is the #1 trending topic on Twitter right now.

What's that you might ask? It's Trump supporters (and a shitload of bots) boycotting the coffee maker company for withdrawing its ads from Fox News due to Sean Hannity's refusal to denounce Roy Moore. Yeah.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I mean, Trump is demonstrably a liar, so he's probably lying about this too, but this isn't how 'claims' work, they don't 'prove' anything.

That Seth Abramson guy seems to have predicted the demise of Trump so many times at this point that he's basically pleading people to turn his talking points into real news. 

I mean, maybe this will turn into something, but the previous 99 times haven't. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That Seth Abramson guy seems to have predicted the demise of Trump so many times at this point that he's basically pleading people to turn his talking points into real news. 

Maybe they all will. US justice wheels turn very slowly

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Maybe they all will. US justice wheels turn very slowly

Maybe. The irony of 'the boy who cried wolf' is that there really was a wolf, after all. 

But my point really is that he would be more credible if he acknowledged that it's very likely to be a long process, reliant on a Democratic wave election in 2018 that converts control of the House at least, and that it's fundamentally a political process not a legal one. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Agree.

Abramson is very interesting but literally every story he turns up is 'And THIS will send Trump down!'. They all can't send be the straw that breaks the camel's back and some of the stories aren't likely to be as important as he makes them out to be. All of them are worth reporting and knowing about, but don't spin them all out into the silver bullet.

There's still a chance that Trump is completely oblivious to what he was embroiled in, his advisors and underlings could well have spun the entire thing without his knowing, being a fool in the middle selling the world they'd conjured behind his back. In which case the silver bullets Abramson comes up with amount to nothing.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Agreed, I'm thinking of unfollowing him. He tweets the same thing every day like it's breaking news... it's nauseating. If Trump did something, it's going to come out eventually. He needs to stop spazzing out about this.

• Like 1

Hopefully this takes the GOP scumbag running for Alabama Senator down in flames.

A woman named Beverly Young Nelson says Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore groped and violently sexually assaulted when she was 16 after offering her a ride home from the restaurant where she worked as a waitress:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/11/13/beverly_young_nelson_says_roy_moore_sexually_assaulted_her_when_she_was.html

It's harrowing watching the video of her describe the assault. 

Moore is underperforming Trump by about 25 points at this point - Trump won the state by 28 points, Moore is up now by an average of 2 - but Alabama is a really red state and I think he'll still creak over the line, sadly. 

Hope to be proven wrong though. 

EDIT: This post sounds callous without addressing the awful testimony of the lady in that video. It's a powerful and harrowing watch as @TheAuthority says. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

43 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Moore is underperforming Trump by about 25 points at this point - Trump won the state by 28 points, Moore is up now by an average of 2 - but Alabama is a really red state and I think he'll still creak over the line, sadly. 

Hope to be proven wrong though. 

EDIT: This post sounds callous without addressing the awful testimony of the lady in that video. It's a powerful and harrowing watch as @TheAuthority says. 

The number of leading GOP senators calling for him to back out, including Senate Majority leader turtle head McConnell, makes me think he can't survive this. Mitch also said he was considering "write-in candidates" as it is too late to take his name off the ballot. All eyes are now on Trump's WH reaction.

If he stays in defiance of the GOP, and wins, it has already been suggested that the GOP would lead congress to expel him from the Senate so he would never serve. 

Edited by TheAuthority

Â