U.S. Politics

maqroll

I have never understood the American obsession with flag, anthem and the military.

Imagine having God Save the Queen played before every Villa game, while some soldiers hold out a massive Union Jack on the pitch and then some jet fighters fly over at the end.

I guess they do have a better anthem than our dirge , but then I wonder how many American realise the melody is from a British song.

• Like 3

Just now, andym said:

Imagine having God Save the Queen played before every Villa game, while some soldiers hold out a massive Union Jack on the pitch and then some jet fighters fly over at the end.

That wouldn't disturb me anywhere near as much as kids having to stand up and recite the pledge of allegiance in school. :puke:

• Like 2

Its crazy isn't it, the US always rails against countries and leaders who brainwash and indoctrinate their population like North Korea, the Soviets back in the day etc, yet they do exactly the same.

Apparently kneeling during an anthem is more disrespectful to the flag and country than the racism and discrimination that has led people to kneel.

• Like 3

The weirdest thing with Trump is that the policies aren't that different to the last 30 years - they're on steroids, but they're the same principles as every President since Reagan - it's the delivery that's changed. The US seems to be protesting not the content of the play, but the actor in the lead role.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The weirdest thing with Trump is that the policies aren't that different to the last 30 years - they're on steroids, but they're the same principles as every President since Reagan - it's the delivery that's changed. 

With all due respect, this is totally wrong.

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Not that I think Trump actually calculates things, but going head on against some of the biggest athletic stars in the US could prove a huge miscalculation from him.

Calculation? Methinks you doth give him too much credit

Â