U.S. Politics

maqroll

17 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Didn't see that coming, can it finish him?

Apparently the penalties will exceed $450m, which is probably more cash than he has. So yeah, this is crippling to him. What he'll do is try to drag out the appeal as long as he can and hope he wins the election, and then as Dictator, he'll just arrest the judge, the AG, and anyone else that ever tried to hold him to account.

If he doesn't win the election, he'll probably be forced to sell most of his assets and hope he's not convicted in any of his other cases.

He's more desperate than ever now and will only be more dangerous.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

It seems inevitable he launches a crypto token to pump then dump.

GoFundMe pages already been set up to try and raise money for him by his supporters. 

48 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

GoFundMe pages already been set up to try and raise money for him by his supporters. 

Madness, a billionaire with a penthouse made of solid gold, several hotels, mansions abd golf course resorts, a private 747 and people feel sorry enough for him to have a whip round.

It's meant to be about 20% of Trump's networth; it's not a huge problem for him.

The fines might exceed his available cash, but then that just means he'll either have to sell some property or liquidate some investments.  That might cause him some extra losses if he has to do it in a hurry but ultimately he'll still be worth around $2bn, so he certainly won't have to sell most of his assets to raise the money, just some of them. And honestly I'm not sure there's that many things you can afford to do when you're worth $2.5bn that are suddenly out of reach when you're only worth $2bn.

Unfortunately, I think he's going to be getting quite a substantial amount of money from Truth Social soon too. The SEC have given them permission to do something or other - a merger that would let them list the company, or something. Expected to net him a few hundred million I believe.

15 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Just in case you were wondering, Donald Trump has launched a sneaker collection. And it's **** awful 😂

I can see Scouse girls going mad for them when they eventually hit TKMaxx

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Just in case you were wondering, Donald Trump has launched a sneaker collection. And it's **** awful 😂

Yet again this thread shows me something a satirist would be laughed out the room for suggesting.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

PS - they're $399 and he's tried to launch them at a convention for proper sneakerheads. Predictable response is predictable.

He's on the word removed on the planet arrogant enough to thank an audience when he's getting booed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

Unfortunately, I think he's going to be getting quite a substantial amount of money from Truth Social soon too. The SEC have given them permission to do something or other - a merger that would let them list the company, or something. Expected to net him a few hundred million I believe.

Yeah his Trump Media company and be worth a fair bit but part of it, if it goes ahead, that he can’t sell the shares for certain period of time.  So his wealth will go up but it won’t be liquid for a few years, not that that is a big deal (unless the shares crash in price).

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high top sneakers, and incredibly foul mouth.'

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah his Trump Media company and be worth a fair bit but part of it, if it goes ahead, that he can’t sell the shares for certain period of time.  So his wealth will go up but it won’t be liquid for a few years, not that that is a big deal (unless the shares crash in price).

Will it though? Social Media companies are notoriously difficult to make money from. The mental stuff that went on with Twitter/Musk aside is anyone going to spend enormous amounts of money on it? 

Ahhhh. Sorry, he's retaining it and selling shares, so his mental followers will probably pile into it. 

• Like 1

The website is brilliant. https://gettrumpsneakers.com/

"bold, gold and tough, just like President Trump".

OFFICIAL TRUMP SNEAKER LAUNCH PARTY. DATE TBD.
(NO GUARANTEE PRESIDENT TRUMP WILL ATTEND)

And the most wonderful photoshopped image of Trump I've ever seen.

What he's selling vs what you get:

vxOrzXo.png

WILL I BE GETTING THE EXACT SNEAKER OR FRAGRANCE THAT I SEE ON THE SITE?

The images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.

WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY?

There are no refunds. All sales on GetTrumpSneakers.com are final.

:crylaugh:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The Tennessee Capitol building yesterday. We're a lot closer to some really bad shit than people realise.

mv31slx6ydjc1.jpeg

Hey, I hate Nazis, but this is hardly a new thing ... two dozen idiots showed up. The media is sensationalising it for social media by closely cropping the images. Nazi shit has been going on in America for decades. It's not banned because of our First Amendment in the Constitution, and it's fairly persistent. This is from a rally in 1966.

spacer.png

There were neo-Nazis in Chicago in the 1970s, and they had a headquarters. The story of that neo-Nazi group and their neighborhood raises questions about the extent of free speech and whether violence should be used to confront hate. The story also explores how mainstream racism in any neighborhood can encourage hate groups.

• Like 1

Â