U.S. Politics

maqroll

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Any American who votes for Trump is voting for the end of democracy. 

under the fake banner of saving democracy.

It’s hard to believe there’s enough idiots to buy it.

Trump: I’ve been caught banged to rights lying and trying to cheat and steal an election… but you need to vote for me to save democracy.

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Listen i am not a trump fan at all , but this is simply not true. If trump was terrified of putin he would have invaded sooner.

If anything its biden that looks terrified of putin and is putins bitch. Trump doesn't seem scared of anyone.

Unless you want world world 3 and the destruction of us all then seeing putin as a enemy is not the way to go. Dialogue and improving relations is the way to keep us all here. Otherwise your heading for a nuke war and the castrophic end of us all.

Trump has bravado, but it is all show. When push comes to shove he is a coward. Watch any of the meetings between the two from Trump's time in office and you can see the dynamic. His own sister describes him as a scared little boy in a man's body who uses aggression and bullying to hide is own inadequacies. Like most bullies he is a weak man inside.

I don't want nuclear war, but to see Putin as anything other than he is, is a folly. So far negotiating with him is just giving him time to prepare his next act of aggression before tossing all the negotiated agreements in the bin.

• Like 1

Also Biden is funding and supplying the huge majority of the military aid to allow Ukraine to fight against Russia. Hardly the act of a person scared of Putin. It is the Trump MAGA clearings in the woods that are blocking the latest aid package. If Trump has had his way he would let Putin march across Europe 

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Are you seriously comparing our influence as much as the us?

No but my point was more correlation doesn't mean causation. 

Just because Trump was in charge doesn't mean he was stopping Putin from invading. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No but my point was more correlation doesn't mean causation. 

Just because Trump was in charge doesn't mean he was stopping Putin from invading. 

Quite the opposite in fact, he was assisting the Russians by tying up Ukraine in a ludicrous fake allegation investigation, whilst he held back aid to Ukraine, all to further his bid to discredit Biden prior to his re-election.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Trump has bravado, but it is all show. When push comes to shove he is a coward. Watch any of the meetings between the two from Trump's time in office and you can see the dynamic. His own sister describes him as a scared little boy in a man's body who uses aggression and bullying to hide is own inadequacies. Like most bullies he is a weak man inside.

I don't want nuclear war, but to see Putin as anything other than he is, is a folly. So far negotiating with him is just giving him time to prepare his next act of aggression before tossing all the negotiated agreements in the bin.

I literally would love to believe this that he is weak etc but i dont get that vibe.  If he was that weak there wouldnt be so many in the us government worried about him getting back in and thats from both parties.  

As much as a coward as you might think, takes a hell of a lot of balls to go to north korea and try make heal diplomatic relations. 

As for putin, he isnt going anywhere.  So you either try work with him or you go against him and then it causes castrophic consequences for us all

With a decision on this likely in July next year from the Republican leaning Supreme Court it could probably deliver Biden and Democrats the election win in November from the voting turnout from women and Democrats like Dobbs did.

• Like 1

Trumps most damaging influence isn't Putin, it's the people he selected to his first policy group - the people that decided on the direction of his Presidency - the people who reinvigorated the US coal industry, dropped corporate taxes, removed protections on all sorts of things like labour laws and social projects - it's Steve Schwarzman of Blackstone and the rest of America's ruling class - they've already pulled out of backing him for 2024, so I think we can safely say he's not going to get another go at it.

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Trumps most damaging influence isn't Putin, it's the people he selected to his first policy group - the people that decided on the direction of his Presidency - the people who reinvigorated the US coal industry, dropped corporate taxes, removed protections on all sorts of things like labour laws and social projects - it's Steve Schwarzman of Blackstone and the rest of America's ruling class - they've already pulled out of backing him for 2024, so I think we can safely say he's not going to get another go at it.

This ⬆️

I cant see trump winning either

I think trunp pulls outvit will be haley vs biden or if the latter pulls out newsom

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This ⬆️

I cant see trump winning either

I think trunp pulls outvit will be haley vs biden or if the latter pulls out newsom

No way Trump pulls out, the only way is that he is forced out of the race somehow, which I’m struggling to see how at the moment.  If that happens he’ll go down fighting and hammering the Republican eventual nominee which’ll only benefit Democrats.  Trump never backs down or backs out of anything, it’s his mantra.

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:
11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If trump does win the electoral race he can only run for 1 term cant he? As he did 1 term already 

You can guarantee he will try to change the constitution so he can stand again. 

and his success at getting extra time will be dependent on if Republicans get the House and Senate.  If they do then all bets are off and current 2 term rule max maybe in peril.

I'd have no faith in anyone other than Trump getting the nomination. And then winning it, who knows. Biden isn't particularly popular. It would be a disaster, but that's what a significant element of the US wants, or is prepared to accept the downsides to get particular things they want - the gun nut lobby for instance.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

My money would be on him being dead by the 2028 election race.

Yep thats how i see this ending. My guess plain incident 

24 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

You can guarantee he will try to change the constitution so he can stand again. 

Yep and if he tries that, thats when the assassination happens which would clearly demonstrate the president isnt actually in control of the US

Im actually suprised it didnt happen during his time as president

Edited by Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep and if he tries that, thats when the assassination happens which would clearly demonstrate the president isnt actually in control of the US

.I'm not talking about an assassination, I'm talking about an overweight man who will be in his eighties living an extremely stressful lifestyle.

I think there’s a certain, “There’s no way he will be President again” going on right now with Trump. 

People are distracted with a lot of things - cost of living, Israel, Taylor Swift. 

Political engagement is down across the board but we will see what will happen come November. 

If the Dems had a brain, they would be tying abortion codification on every single general election ballot next year. It’s a winning position for them and for as much grumbling people do now, they will vote anti-Trump when it comes down to it. 

Â