Playstation 4

hogso

I had a go on a PS4 at SDCC a few weeks ago. I really liked the look of the console itself and pictures don't do it justice. There's only so much you can do with a box but I like it. I was also impressed by the feel of the controller as it seemed to fit my hand better. The grip just feels nicer than the PS3 controller and I would say it's a big step in the right direction.

The only thing I didn't like was the games on show. I played Knack, which was pretty fun and looked good for that kind of game. It just didn't show off the power of the console though. I'm sure that will come in time and the PS4 will grow in stature. Anyway, the hands on has reassured me that I made the right choice in pre-ordering the PS4. I can't wait!

Edited by briggaman

Been confirmed today that any pre-orders made after monday can not guarantee the console to be delivered on launch day, so the worries about stock levels appear to be justified. I think everyone who wants one straight away should have a pre-order in already, though, so no worries for you guys.

Been confirmed today that any pre-orders made after monday can not guarantee the console to be delivered on launch day, so the worries about stock levels appear to be justified. I think everyone who wants one straight away should have a pre-order in already, though, so no worries for you guys.

The Monday just gone?

The smart thing to do is to not preorder one.

Do not buy one day and date. Hold off. The launch line up isn't going to be incredible and it's going to be expensive and have teething problems. Just wait for a couple of months, if not longer.

The Monday just gone?

The message from Amazon says;

Please note–due to high demand, orders placed for this PlayStation 4 console from August 6 may be received after release date. We will ship orders as soon as we receive sufficient inventory.

So yeah, Monday just gone. Although that says Tuesday. But yeah.

Edited by hogso

If I get one it will probably be in the new year anyway.   There is always a rush for people who want them for launch day and people who want them for Christmas.  By January/February time it will have settled down. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watching their Gamescom conference? Can't say i'm too impressed with anything they've shown lately. 

I didn't realise so many people cared about shitty looking indie games? 

Dull conference

Also, writing off some of the best games of the past few years because they don't look as shiny as EA or Activision's latest, is beyond retarded

Anyone watching their Gamescom conference? Can't say i'm too impressed with anything they've shown lately. 

Dull conference

Also, writing off some of the best games of the past few years because they don't look as shiny as EA or Activision's latest, is beyond retarded

I'm not writing them off, i've just never got into them, and didn't know there was a massive demand for them. The only one i've played was Limbo. I adored that. Haven't played anything that can get anywhere near that.

Comes out November 24th. 

November 15 in the US and November 29 in Europe.

29th November release date.

Could the Xbox come out before?

I think you will hear something in the next few days with Xbox. Think they were waiting for Sony to announce their date.

Sorry, i meant 29, not sure why I typed 24.

Other than that. I think the Vita price drop was good news and the potential of remote play is pretty impressive. I'd definitely get a Vita at some point if I got a PS4.

Always have that urge to pre order but the launch on both consoles are weak as usual. Gonna have to wait and see if there is any problems that will occur right after release. Really tempting but then I see the game list and think "yeah not that much really". 

Dull conference

I'm not writing them off, i've just never got into them, and didn't know there was a massive demand for them. The only one i've played was Limbo. I adored that. Haven't played anything that can get anywhere near that.

You didn't play Journey?

Nice to see Minecraft making it to PS4 and VIta. Not that I'd play it on console though.

Early estimates put PS4 out pre-ordering XBONE by 4-1. Which does make sense in regards to MS's continued efforts to try and people to buy their console. I'm sure the FIFA14 thing will even that up a bit.

But you can still buy a PS4 AND FIFA for cheaper than the Xbox with Fifa deal :P

Shhhhhhhhh! Microsoft are hoping you won't notice that. Becareful. Such flagrant intelligence could lead you to being on the wrong side of Mr. Gates' heavies.

• Like 1

Â