Playstation 4

hogso

PS4 launch line-up announced. As expected, it's very similar to the XBONE, although there's a lot of download only (of which all will be available straight away on the store, that's why theyre included) so the quality of some of those titles may be...questionable.

Blu-ray and digital:

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (EA)
Call Of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
Driveclub (Sony)
FIFA 14 (EA)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
Killzone: Shadow Fall (Sony)
Knack (Sony)
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (WB Games)
Madden NFL 25 (EA)
NBA Live 14 (EA)
NBA 2K14 (2K Games)
Need For Speed: Rivals (EA)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Activision)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)

Digital only:

Basement Crawl
Blacklight: Retribution
Contrast
DC Universe Online
Doki-Doki Universe
Flower
Hohokum
Minecraft
N++
Pinball Arcade
Planetside 2
Pool Nation Extreme
Res0gun
Super Motherload
The Play Room (tech demo, pre-installed on every console)
Tiny Brains
Warframe
War Thunder

There has also been some (kind of) clarification about the discount you get when you own an Activision, Ubisoft, Warner Bros. or EA game (might only be BF4, though) already on PS3 when buying it again for PS4. Basically, it's up to the publisher, but the Playstation Europe boss believes it would be about 50% off.

Alternatively, Activision have announced that if you already own COD: Ghosts, you get the next gen version 'upgrade' for $10, which more than likely equates to £10. This offer is for both XBONE and PS4.

Edited by hogso

Alternatively, Activision have announced that if you already own COD: Ghosts, you get the next gen version 'upgrade' for $10, which more than likely equates to £10. This offer is for both XBONE and PS4.

That is actually quite good, will EA do it for Battlefield?!

Well, EA have been mentioned, specifically in regards to BF4, and you'd presume they wouldnt want to lose any potential sales, even if they were at a reduced price, so you can expect they would do a similar offer. Probably the exact same.

Very good question. No idea. If the game were to leave some sort of unique key on your system to tally up with your gamer account, so it couldn't be used against multiple accounts that could work...which would also mean you'd have to buy it brand new to be able to qualify, which makes sense as well. Dunno. Just speculating.

Yeah I'd probably pick up killzone and drive club, possibly watch dogs or AC4. I'm gonna leave it a year or so I think though to let Sony iron out any problems that may crop up following launch and by then there will be a lot more games out too.

I can't for the life of me decide what to get out of these two. PS4 is cheaper, more powerful and have conducted themselves much better than MS. The Xbox is more expensive but comes with Fifa free, more exclusives in the first year, Kinect which is fun when the family are round.

I really can't decide

Edited by villarule123

I can't for the life of me decide what to get out of these two. PS4 is cheaper, more powerful and have conducted themselves much better than MS. The Xbox is more expensive but comes with Fifa free, more exclusives in the first year, Kinect which is fun when the family are round.

I really can't decide

I felt the same way. But really struggled to get myself excited about owning the PS4 even though it made far more sense to buy it. So I just went with what I liked, rather than what was the better deal. 

I really can't decide

I'm going for the PS4 - was a massive Xbox fanboy this generation but the wife bought me a PS3 for my birthday and have been playing through the Uncharted trilogy, and now playing the last of us. I honestly cant think of a better xbox exclusive than the last of us.

Plus with the money I will save on the PS4 i could buy fifa and a years PS+.

I still see no reason to rush out and buy a PS4, I will do in time but with GTAV and GT6 coming out on PS3, I see no reason to move on just yet.

Plus, the first releases of consoles always seem to have some problems.

Â