Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Bent will start.

He'll barely touch it, play shit, then scuff one in when we're 3-0 down and most of the press will question why he hasn't been playing because we'd be 2nd if he had.

Sadly, I think this scenario is extremely plausible.

Can't see us winning, unfortunately (although i couldn't see us beating Man City in the cup either!)

I think the atmosphere will be poisonous given Lambert's return, and Norwich have been playing really well, so thos two things combined will count against us.

A disappointing 2-0 loss.

Massively excited for this one, definetly a winnable competition. The way we have be playing lately there is no reason we shouldnt go into this all guns blazing! I agree wth Lichaj's attacking prowess but to be fair the the lad he had a great game saturday against Stoke and in my opinion is getting better all the time.

• Like 1

One thing we really need to do against them is:

TEST THE FRIGGEN KEEPER!

They've got a 2nd string keeper in goal with Ruddy out injured - he just let in 3 goals this afternoon against Swansea. He needs to be tested, because he's the way we might get a result in this.

To be fair... having lived in Northampton and gone to a lot of Cobblers games... Bunny is probably the most naturally talented keeper (sweeping statement and if it is incorrect I can assure you it isn't far from the truth) in the country. His problem is a lack of height, if but for a few inches he would be Englands number one, I suspect.

Not saying we shouldn't pepper him... just don't expect to have any more luck than with another keeper... his weakness is crosses and dominating his area...

Given, Clark, El Ahmadi, Bent, Holman, Delph, Benteke, Lichaj, Herd, Baker, Lowton

Subs: Guzan, N’Zogbia, Agbonlahor, Albrighton, Bannan, Weimann, Williams

Assume that'll be a 3-5-2 again

.......................Given

.............Herd.Clark.Baker

Lowton.KEA.Delph.Holman.Lichaj

...............Bent.Benteke

Bunn, R Martin, Bassong, Barnett, Tierney, Pilkington, Johnson, Howson, Snodgrass, Holt, Morison

Strong Norwich side too

Very strong team with only 4 chances from the draw against Stoke at the weekend, expected Given and Bent to start etc. Though Norwich also taking this competiton very seriously, playing a full strength side, with the exception of the injured Hooliahan(?) 2-2 after 90 mins, 3-2 after 120 mins. Come on Villa :D