Jimzk5

£35m doesn't seem all that crazy to me, he was one of the best players in the championship last season, he was going to be part of Wolves first team squad this season, he's started both their first two game, they've been trying to keep him with the offer of a new contract but he's refused to sign, he's still young, and an England U21 international, look at the other players in the England U21 squad and they would all fetch big money, especially the attackers.

Ignoring the fee I think he will prove to be a very good signing for Forest, especially with Cooper as manager, who will get the best ouf of him.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

£35m doesn't seem all that crazy to me, he was one of the best players in the championship last season, he was going to be part of Wolves first team squad this season, he's started both their first two game, they've been trying to keep him with the offer of a new contract but he's refused to sign, he's still young, and an England U21 international, look at the other players in the England U21 squad and they would all fetch big money, especially the attackers.

Ignoring the fee I think he will prove to be a very good signing for Forest, especially with Cooper as manager, who will get the best ouf of him.

As I said in the Forest thread, more than we've ever spent on a player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

And they've just offloaded the only two English players I can think of!

Max Kilman is the only English player I can think of there. They're offloaded Ruddy, MGW and Coady. 

12 hours ago, Kingman said:

Have any of his wolves clients actually been sold on for a profit to bigger clubs? 

Jota is obvious one. Neves should've gone this summer but seems he only wanted to move to Barca and they for once weren't interested.

Not sure if Adama is Mendes client now but that is example of one they should've cashed in on last summer but now they've stuck having to play him again while offering him around a few clubs.

They also had that Rafa Mir guy who barely played but did well at some clubs in Spain and went to Sevilla for decent amount.

11 hours ago, useless said:

Pretty sure it's out in the open and that there are quotes from their CEO Jeff Shi stating that the initial reason Fosun bought Wolves was for the purpose of moving players around because Fosun have a stake in Mendes agency, but then when the team started doing better than they expected and looked like they might get into the Premier league they started taking it more seriously.

Also lots of Villa fans now moaning about how more ambitious than us they are this window, but this is the first window since they first came up, that they have an high net spend, in the last four or five windows they've been very much selling to buy, so much so that up until the last week or so a lot of their fans were very discontented with the situation.

Even now I wouldn't be surprised if they've got some sales coming up to fund some their spening this summer, in fact I would be surprised if that didn't happen, although I'm sure that as long as they don't lose Neves or any of their other key first team players then the Wolves fans won't mind too much.

Surprised there's been people on here saying Wolves are doing better than us this window, they're making these signings just to stand still I'd say given how poorly they ended last season with a stagnant squad and even now I still think letting Coady go to Everton is a major error, we'll see in May on that one.

They had some excellent seasons and now they've flatlined in premier league as so many do, they'll be bottom half.

I think when they first came up though they signed very well. Got promoted without a prolific striker but then signed Jimenez who was brilliant. Also signed Moutinho when he was 33 and that certainly wasn't to make a profit, more a vastly experienced international midfielder.

That's what we needed the summer we came up rather than gambling on unproven prem players and Wes upfront. Perhaps we'd have finished in top half in one of those seasons.

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

Nunes practically signed for free, not bad.  If only we could get £30m for Sanson and £25m for Guilbert.

Luiz is most comparable given his age and what he's already achieved in the game in terms of experience but for some reason we seem content for him just to warm the bench for his final 12 months and just leave on a free so there you go.

I think Gibbs White at 40m is way overpriced but then the Wolves lot would point to him playing 40 or so games at championship level compared to Carney who made about 10 senior games and say we did well to get 15-20m for him.

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised there's been people on here saying Wolves are doing better than us this window, they're making these signings just to stand still I'd say given how poorly they ended last season with a stagnant squad and even now I still think letting Coady go to Everton is a major error, we'll see in May on that one.

They had some excellent seasons and now they've flatlined in premier league as so many do, they'll be bottom half.

I think when they first came up though they signed very well. Got promoted without a prolific striker but then signed Jimenez who was brilliant. Also signed Moutinho when he was 33 and that certainly wasn't to make a profit, more a vastly experienced international midfielder.

That's what we needed the summer we came up rather than gambling on unproven prem players and Wes upfront. Perhaps we'd have finished in top half in one of those seasons.

Agreed.  A week ago their fans were in despair saying how they were being asset stripped and talking about how we have more ambitious ownership.

1 minute ago, daft said:

Why is everyone in their squad Portuguese? 

Mendes is their agent and Fosun who own Wolves own a stake in his Agency.  So it's a win win money laundering kind of thing.

Hence the managers being Portuguese too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

Mendes is their agent and Fosun who own Wolves own a stake in his Agency.  So it's a win win money laundering kind of thing.

Hence the managers being Portuguese too.

That is **** genius tbf. 

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Next you'll be watching Stoke City, seeing they've signed Liam Delap on loan and saying "didn't his Dad use to take a long throw in..."😉

Well he did, didn't he? 😁

• Haha 1

Â