Christmas 2012 Thread - What are you buying, receiving and doing this season?

Genie

What are the other fellow VT's up to this year?

My brief summary;

Buying: lots of toys and games for my 2 year old son, clothes and stuff for the 6 month old girl, laptop and few other bits for the wife.

Receiving: Not really sure, Black Ops 2 will be in there, maybe a pair of trainers.

Doing: Going out for Christmas dinner (its the gift from the outlaws) and spending lots of time relaxing and drinking beer with the family. Perfection. Finish work on Thursday 20th December, back on the 2nd Jan.

Buying: Bought my mom a Nexus 7 already. That's the biggest present I'll be giving.

Receiving: various DVDs, games, books and CDs I imagine. It'll be a failry lean christmas though as my mom will likely be out of work for the 6 months following.

Doing: Finish work on 14th December, not back until 7th January. Fair few nights out (including my birthday on 15th), gym sessions and whole lot of doing precisely **** all. Going to be awesome!

Giving: Mrs E has got an eternity ring and a teapot.

Princess E has got most of what several local toy shops could supply. It looks like Hamley's has been sick.

Recieving: Nexus 7, and then I'm not really sure........ usually books, smellies the ussual dad tat.

Doing in: Finish work on the 21st, not back until the 2nd. Drinking, trips to the Midlands to see family, plus doing 3 sets of parents etc, and an xmas party for 8 hyperactive under 3s. :(

Most exciting thing is buying my little brother some Lego Lord of the Rings sets. It's one of those presents that is more for me than it is for him, I can not wait to build them, and then run Lego Frodo around Lego Weathertop with his Lego One Ring being pursued by Lego Ring Wraiths. It gone be fun~

Just bought a couple of tickets to see Rihanna in Cardiff for the missus. She can either take a friend, or put up with me listening to something else on my ipod while enjoying a descreet game of pocket billiards.

It's people that leave everything until December that makes Christmas a pain in the arse, because everyone rushes for the same shit at the same time.

Go away, there's only 4 days until it is Dec.

My tree went up yesterday because the next few weekends are filled with weddings etc.

Saving for my wedding in March so we're not buying anyone much unfortunately :(

I like christmas too so it's a bit of a bummer!

got gf a pink ticket and will no doubt get her various bits of crap too, the rest of the family are getting loads of random things

im getting either a nexus or a kindle but i havent made my mind up yet

im still waiting to hear when work will close, better be the 21st and hopefully pay day too, xmas do that friday, pub till about 10 xmas eve, pub with my mom for xmas dinner, family at my grans on the night squeeze in about 6 other house visits around that which shouldnt be that hard because as always i will be up at 6am xmas morning

then boxing day my little sister is 18 (im 28) so i'll be getting drunk to celebrate

Most exciting thing is buying my little brother some Lego Lord of the Rings sets. It's one of those presents that is more for me than it is for him, I can not wait to build them, and then run Lego Frodo around Lego Weathertop with his Lego One Ring being pursued by Lego Ring Wraiths. It gone be fun~

ive been looking at the star wars one for my little brother for years, i wish i could bloody afford it

ive been looking at the star wars one for my little brother for years, i wish i could bloody afford it

Which Star Wars one? Millenium Falcon? Yeh man, bout £100 or something for one set, he aint getting the stupidly expensive ones.

got the kids stuff online the other week based on the nice list with pictures they kindly drew for Santa

last night the boy put a line through one item and changed it to something else , so the moral is always leave your shopping to the last minute

Mrs H dropped a hint as we walked past the Pandora shop the other day so I guess that is her sorted as well once i can be arsed to go over to Woking , though I'm in Brum tomorrow for the xmas market and a bit of shopping before the reading game so might be able to get it there

We are flying out to Qatar on Boxing day , left it a bit last minute and couldn't get a lot else (other than places we've been to before ) , it used to officially be the dullest place in the world according to Lonely planet , but they've built it up a fair bit in the past few years so we will see ..... the main thing is it will be warmer than the UK , has a beach , a pool , horse riding for Mrs H , fishing for me and the boy and it also gives me a country beginning with the letter Q in my bid to "travel the alphabet"

(and as per the cheer you up thread , BA upgraded us all as well )

LOL to everyone that is running around shops buying stuff. Ill order it online before Dec 10th and jobs a good un, only get stuff for my family though.

As for myself, I dont want anything because im impatient and if I did want something Id buy it and not wait. Ill get deodorant sets and about 5 bottles of JD. Im a smelly alcoholic apparently..

Might be a bit of a weird Christmas this year for us. Nobody wants anything and everyone seems happy with that situation. My brother has just had a baby so has that excuse to not buy anything for anyone anyway (and thus doesn't want anything), my sister is skint and my parents aren't arsed, and neither am I.

So far I think only my nephew has anything, and thats because we've been instructed to buy Lego. So I've got him a couple of the Marvel Superhero sets.

buying- got my nephews some WWE brawlin buddie things...the are basically like the soft WCW sting toys that everyone had back in the day (even though WCW was shite everyone seemed to have one, these new upgraded things aint as good as the old ones)

receiving- Nothing, me mom n dad ain't getting me anything I don't think and I have told the people I normally buy for that I cant afford it so I don't expect anything in return

doing- xmas eve I'm finishing work going to me mom n dads for a curry and a good drink, wake up in the morning go to me sisters for breakfast and then back to me mom n dads for dinner

once I have digested my xmas dinner I have been invited to a good piss up, everyone from the local is going to be round there so that should be decent

then I am chilling out on boxing day and getting ready for work the following day

Presents - No idea

Receiving - No idea either

Doing - I was hoping to get to know a certain Hungarian better but nevermind, I guess I'll do the usual Christmas thing of opening presents, browsing VT, eating dinner and then browsing VT some more. If you swap opening presents for going to work it pretty much describes a typical day for me.

For the next 25 days or so I'll be cramming for exams. Might fit in some bollocks gift buying in there online, but most likely not. On 21st September I'll head out and pick up inane token presents for people that will be expecting them. Candles and soaps and expensive curry pastes and the luxury frozen meal section from Lidl (Venison and three bird roasts etc). Then I have a month off for the Christmas. Ideally I would spend the time jamming with my awful band, gym sessions, couple of nights out, buy and finish some games that have slipped past me including Red Dead Redemption, spend an appropriate amount of time with the family, but not so much that we start to have murderous intentions (It gets very The Shining around January 2nd).

As for presents, RDR is on the list, €300 so I can buy an electronic drum kit would also be appreciated, but unlikely, not shirts (my father and his girlfriend have a knack for buying the ugliest shirts I've ever seen. They like to find either shirts/pyjamas for the senile, or 'trendy' shirts for children), an exercise bike might be a good idea for my leg (Tore my ACL twice(?) in the past 12 months). I'm not big on presents. Really what I'd like is 3 return bus tickets from Dublin to Galway, so that I can visit family for 4 days, then come back up to Dublin to chill out a few times. That would be the ideal, but bus tickets are never really what a person wants to give as a christmas present. I'll probably get something from my aunt like a hearing aid because I said one time that Paul Lambert was hard to understand. If everyone chipped in and bought me a return ticket to Thailand for a month in the Summer, that would be the best.

Looking forward to it though

Â