West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

They are in real danger of imploding financially if they do not go up.  Sure I read that they had borrowed on parachute payments for next year just to pay wages.  Chinese owners again struggling go get money out of China maybe?

Every possibility, iirc they appointed a chairman when they were relegated who said financialy the club was a mess, mayby once again they've been conned by some fraud like our Dr and they don't have a pot to piss in and promotion is boom or bust for them

Wait what? They could have easily get promoted in the play offs and they sack him and decides to roll the dice?

Just strange, this will cause disruption and confusion to thesquad no doubt.

Imagine if they fail to get promoted now, in all eternity they can only wonder what could have been if they kept him.

Edited by villalad21

15 hours ago, Genie said:

This is the worrying modern football fan opinion. Not top of the league, let’s “roll the dice”.

Modern football summed up. Too many teams think they have a divine right to be in the Premier League

Personally I think it will jokanvic  - if so its more about get a decent manager in, than anything Darren Moore had done.  They have seen a better  become available, knew they couldn't afford to wait - if they miss out this time they have one of the top managers in the division available for next season - a ruthless but good move if it comes off.

22 hours ago, Xela said:

Modern football summed up. Too many teams think they have a divine right to be in the Premier League

I don't see it like that - to me they recognise the importance of the manager position and have taken steps to get a better one in - sure they will take the flak in the short term - long term I think its a good move for them.

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

Personally I think it will jokanvic  - if so its more about get a decent manager in, than anything Darren Moore had done.  They have seen a better  become available, knew they couldn't afford to wait - if they miss out this time they have one of the top managers in the division available for next season - a ruthless but good move if it comes off.

Jokanovic is a famed slow starter who needs months to develop a team in his style 

On 10/03/2019 at 11:22, Xela said:

they desperately want to get back to doing **** all in the premier league

for what its worth i did see some rumblings of strange decisions being made by moore, players out of position etc, got schooled by sheffield united a few weeks back but i dont what it achieves, 7 points clear of 7th, 9 points off 2nd, 2 very good teams at the top, they're not getting any kind of push that gets them automatic, even a basic percentages game them dropping out of the playoffs is more likely than them catching leeds

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

for what its worth i did see some rumblings of strange decisions being made by moore, players out of position etc, got schooled by sheffield united a few weeks back but i dont what it achieves, 7 points clear of 7th, 9 points off 2nd, 2 very good teams at the top, they're not getting any kind of push that gets them automatic, even a basic percentages game them dropping out of the playoffs is more likely than them catching leeds

I think they seen a quality manager on the dole (jovanik) and took the opportunity to upgrade their manager.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

"Surviving" is the dream for loads of clubs in the Premier League.

Earn loads of money for being shit and uncompetitive! 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I think they seen a quality manager on the dole (jovanik) and took the opportunity to upgrade their manager.

if they'd done it the summer or when the bloke they wanted was sacked then i would agree

as it is they've left it too late, 9 points in 10 games isnt happening, especially given they dont play either of the top 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

if they'd done it the summer or when the bloke they wanted was sacked then i would agree

as it is they've left it too late, 9 points in 10 games isnt happening, especially given they dont play either of the top 2

If they wanted Jovanik they couldnt wait. There would have been much competition from other championship clubs wanting him come the end of the season. 

fulham sacked him in November

if baggies owners believe that he is the man to take them up then why have they waited until they are in a position where he pretty much cant take them up because they are too far adrift?

i can understand being ruthless with moore, havent got that much of a problem with it but being ruthless and then appointing someone who can do no better is **** stupid IMO 

• Like 1

Not sure if jokanovic is that much of a step up from Moore. Both seem capable of getting out of the division, yet neither able to get up automatically.

However the bigger concern would be when they get up. Moore seemed able to get a tune out of them to almost keep them up, jokanovic struggled. 

Funny if they do go with him!

Â