West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

This Tony Pulis media myth really is starting to get annoying, decent manager but you would swear he is the 2nd coming of Rinus Michels the way the media go about him

Everyone seems to forget Stoke were in free fall under him after he spent what was for them a lot cash.

Half a season with Palace, where admittedly he performed a bit of a miracle and an O'Neill style huffy walk out later and he is the new Shankly its more than a little silly.

Ultimately though he's like Big Sam. Effective and no matter how hopeless the situation (and Palace were) teams simply don't get relegated under his watch.

If Pulis gets the job the tesco bags would have to completely restructure their entire football management team and coaching staff for him. And when Peace gets fed up of him demanding total control in spending millions on average players, he will sack him and start again. Meh why should I care?

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david  · 

Breaking - West Brom to appoint Tony Pulis as head coach. Continental model stays but TP control of all 1st team matters inc transfers #wba

Pulis appointment set to be confirmed Thurs, hopes to be in stands at Upton Park. Meeting Peace for 1st time Thurs. Dave Kemp assistant #wba

This Tony Pulis media myth really is starting to get annoying, decent manager but you would swear he is the 2nd coming of Rinus Michels the way the media go about him

Everyone seems to forget Stoke were in free fall under him after he spent what was for them a lot cash.

Half a season with Palace, where admittedly he performed a bit of a miracle and an O'Neill style huffy walk out later and he is the new Shankly its more than a little silly.

Ultimately though he's like Big Sam. Effective and no matter how hopeless the situation (and Palace were) teams simply don't get relegated under his watch.

Absolutely. Stoke were in free fall because they'd stagnated.

Pulis had hit his ceiling and hadnt progressed for a number of seasons.

The trick with a manager like Pulis is that when he hits that ceiling, you sack him and get in someone who can prgress the team before you get that stagnation.

He'll keep them up, which is priority number one for the appointment.

I know it shouldn't bother me but bloose are on the up and this for me is a car king appointment by wba. They will easily finish above us this year now. Even crystal palace may have a chance with a decent manager coming in. Can it get any worse for us?

I know it shouldn't bother me but bloose are on the up and this for me is a car king appointment by wba. They will easily finish above us this year now. Even crystal palace may have a chance with a decent manager coming in. Can it get any worse for us?

Pixar-Monsters-Inc.-Girl-Named-Boo-Looki

• Like 3

...but imo he has only really saved Palace from relegation. He came in and saved a club once and I don't see him coming in and saving every which club he chooses. He isn't a great manager.

I don't count Stoke because the financial backing he got there was insane,

Good appointment for them. They will stay up now whereas they would have gone down if Irvine had remained. I can see it ending badly though, Pulis will fall out with the board who seem to want control of everything.

Edited by villa89

...but imo he has only really saved Palace from relegation. He came in and saved a club once and I don't see him coming in and saving every which club he chooses. He isn't a great manager.

I don't count Stoke because the financial backing he got there was insane,

Yes Bruce has had huge financial backing at Hull and they are struggling. For a club like stoke who had been in the doldrums since the 70s you have to respect the job he did there. 

I think he's a good choice for West Brom. I think they will stay up now!

I like Pulis, he doesn't seem to give a shit that no one likes him. Good appointment from WBA

He did hit a ceiling at Stoke but deserves great credit in getting Stoke up and keeping them in the Premier League for a number of years

• Like 2

Â