The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

Harry Houdini said at the start of the month he would advise QPR owners not to spend their money if they were still adrift in January. They are one point further adrift.

Indeed he did and since then he has been banging on about how people have taken the piss, taken advantage of QPR and Fernandes. So I'm sure, Arry will be true to his word and won't be signing anyone or spending lots of money.... will he....

I still think they will stay up bizzarly

Depends on the transfer window I think.

I think 'arry might get it right and they might stay up.. just about stay up.

Equally we are in the same position and this window is just as important for us too.

More chance of 'arry getting it right than Lambert i'd say.

For QPR to stay up now, they will have to win more than 50% of the games left to play.

Can't see it myself.

Where did you come up with that? If teams like Southhampton, Reading, Wigan and us don't win many games then that number surely will be different.

Where did you come up with that? If teams like Southhampton, Reading, Wigan and us don't win many games then that number surely will be different.

I would say that ( barring minor miracles ) QPR and Reading are virtually down already which means that we have to win more games than the next team, which at the moment is Southampton.They are good at home while we have been mediocre home and away.

The bottom 2 teams will be way below the team in 18th place so we still need enough points to beat the team in 18th.

So what you're saying is if we finish 17th we'll be OK.

Anyhoo, I think the only team that are gone at this stage are Reading. QPR are showing annoying signs of sticking around like the proverbial bad fart. One more win puts them right back in it. And if they can win at Stamford Bridge then they can win anywhere.

So what you're saying is if we finish 17th we'll be OK.

Anyhoo, I think the only team that are gone at this stage are Reading. QPR are showing annoying signs of sticking around like the proverbial bad fart. One more win puts them right back in it. And if they can win at Stamford Bridge then they can win anywhere.

Only if that win comes whilst everyone else around them loses.

Only if that win comes whilst everyone else around them loses.

Which, given that we're all at the bottom of the league and not the top, makes it far more likely to happen.

I think the point, I am spectacularly failing to make, is that their results have to be markedly better now than anyone elses around them, almost too much better. Yes we are all performing badly but the run of form they need to go on now compared to everyone else is almost champions league form really and then hope that the other teams do not even show minimal improvement. One or two weekends where some teams around them win as well as QPR or the odd weekend when they still lose and one or two teams around them still win and it makes it almost impossible for them.

They need to have consistently excellent form and then rely on other teams not even improving marginally.

I hear what you are saying but what I don't agree with is that their form needs to be totes amazeballs. There are 17 games left. I'm going to dismiss Reading here and now because I think they're the worst team in the league and I'd be astonished if they escaped. QPR could eliminate the gap in 2 weeks. We've shown we are scarily porous and could go on a bad run. Newcastle on current form are the worst side in the league (long may it continue). Wigan are Wigan. QPR are less than 2 wins away from safety with almost half a season to go and they're coming into a bit of form as they showed in Stamford Bridge.

I understand what people are trying to say but I just don't see it as being this insurmountable deficit that they'll struggle to close. I wouldn't rule out that we'll be sat here in the middle of February or the start of March, talking about how QPR are now out of the bottom 3.

To illustrate my point. Newcastle, Villa, Southampton, Wigan and Reading in their combined last 6 league games - that's 30 between them - have managed 5 wins. That's 1 each (it actually does work out that they've literally won one each) in 6 games. QPR have won 2 of their last 5 so they're already more than on course to escape if they keep that up.

Â