• Westwood
    • Agbonlahor
    • Ireland
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Albrighton (for Ireland 62)
    • Holman (for Weimann 62)
    • Bowery (for Benteke 83)

Unless we turn fortunes around in terms of results we will go down...There are signs in the games that have improved and there are also signs that we havn't.

The football is undoubtedly better.. the doggedness is not. We are certainly not resoluteand it seems as soon as a bit of adversity hits us the ship starts to wobble, we need to reverse that and start digging in when we have a set back.

I would like to see some mentally strong individuals join our midfield, I am also a bit of the mind that some players seem to think losing every week is ok.and " thats football" sort of attitude.

I was tempted to say we need some experience, but I don't think its all that, we need some heart ( in the mould of a 19 year old Andy Gray) but in the midfield.

The defending for most of those goals was keystone cops

The sooner we get Dunne back the better. And probably Hutton over Stevens.

It's just suicidal at the moment picking players like Stevens.

The defending for most of those goals was keystone cops

The sooner we get Dunne back the better. And probably Hutton over Stevens.

It's just suicidal at the moment picking players like Stevens.

Yes because we really fared well with him at the back last season...

Suicidal? We've got nobody else to play there. Lichaj and Bennett are both injured.

Yes because we really fared well with him at the back last season...

Suicidal? We've got nobody else to play there. Lichaj and Bennett are both injured.

I dont think anybody's saying we are going to surge up the league with Dunne in there. But right now, hes a better option than Clark and will add some much needed experience to a back four who is very young bar Vlaar.

Let's face some facts.

We have a very inexperienced (and average on a really good day) team.

Our defence consists of a goalkeeper who has really only come into the PL this season, a Dutch centre back who has only come into the PL this season and three kids (two of which have never played against such high quality opposition before).

Our midfield is shuffled around constantly and with the exception of Ireland doesn't really have a great deal of PL experience to call upon and is therefore almost constantly outplayed..

Then there is our strike force, Agbonlahor who hardly ever scores, Benteke who, at 21, is a long way off being a top PL striker, Weimann is in a similar development stage to Benteke and then there is Bent, a player who, when not injured, spends most of his time on the bench these days

I have not mentioned N'Zogbia in this post because I think he is a waste of space.

We currently lie in the relegation zone just above a very poor Southampton and just below a very poor Reading both of who have just been promoted so are green as far as the PL is concerned.

We are about a third of the way into the season and have a points ratio of 0.75 points per game, a win percentage of just over 16.66%, a defeat percentage of just over 58.33% a strike rate of just over 0.83 goals scored per game and a concede rate of just over 1.83 goals conceded per game.

Whilst there may be some light at the end of the tunnel (a bit of a 'Green Shoots of Recovery' saying in my opinion) it is clearly evident that not all is well at Villa Park.

I won't bury my head in the sand and put my fingers in my ears and pretend that relegation is not possible, it is very possible based on the aforementioned information and statistics.

If we get relegated it will not be a good thing but I won't kid myself that AVFC are immune.

am i right in saying MOTD didnt review the penalty decision after the game?

what a **** joke that show is

Yeah, too busy licking Kompany's arse. It really was shameful. Imagine if that had gone against City, United etc, they'd be going apoplectic.

Whats the point?.. We are already as low as 13/8 for the drop!..

More value in netto...

However we are a mouth watering 2/5 on to stay up if anybody fancys that lol...

So the odds suggest it is much more likely that we'll stay up than go down. You just wouldn't believe it if you read some comments from 'fans' on here, who act as if we're nailed on. If they do think that, I don't see why they don't stick £50 on it to ease the pain - you can get 9/4 on Villa to get relegated so why not make an easy £100+?

I certainly don't think we're immune from going down. I just agree with the bookies that we're more likely to stay up, so I'd rather get behind the team and look at the positives. No-one's perfect, and Lambert will make mistakes - Randy certainly has over the last couple of years - but to me we're finally going in the right direction overall. I don't see the point in doom-mongering at all.

So, we all know the stats. We all know that we've been poor lately, and are currently in the relegation zone. However, we have a very good chance of improving over the course of the season, so it's purely detrimental to dwell on a bad start. And yes, it has been a very, very bad start. But being positive is a good thing.

UTV.

Can I just ask, but did anybody else see how they got the corner for their 1st goal. From where I was standing behind the goal, and watching the new comedy series MOTD, I still have not seen either a deflection or Brad saving the shot. It could be me with my tinted spectacles but....

am i right in saying MOTD didnt review the penalty decision after the game?

what a **** joke that show is

There are very few people outside B6 that are remotely interested in us.

Can I just ask, but did anybody else see how they got the corner for their 1st goal. From where I was standing behind the goal, and watching the new comedy series MOTD, I still have not seen either a deflection or Brad saving the shot. It could be me with my tinted spectacles but....

Finally. They showed a replay on TV and I couldn't see any Villa player touch the ball, but me being a bit drunk and then I haven't heard anyone else mention it I started to think that it was just me who missed something. They still would've won and that wasn't the worst mistake a ref could do, but if we're right then there's 2 or 3 goals that they can thank the ref for. Well, the defending of that corner was also to be blamed. The most notable thing is still the rabbiut out of a hat-penalty. That linesman didn't make a mistake, he made something up.

After that we crumbled a bit, which might be a bit understandable. I just think we crumbled a bit too much. But before we were all up for it and at least tried. I just hope we can pull ourselves together and face arsenal believing we can beat them. 'Cause we can beat them, even if it'll be hard.

Just before their first goal, the precedent was set when Brad made a save and CLEARLY kept the ball in, within his hands - the lino (whose vision was surely obscured by Brad's body) however decided it was a Corner to MCFC. Whilst they didn't score directly from that Corner, I think it was the next move after that from which they got their first. Totally outrageous.

we're not crazy,

Guzan didnt save the shot for the corner b4 the 1st goal

weimann didnt handle the ball for the second

and according to the official Referee's handbook, there must be an intentional movement of the hand towards the ball to award a penalty - bannan was sliding out of control along the turf

so the first 3 goals were scored by the officials

hard enough to play city with 11 men never mind 14

at 3-0 and having played quite well to that point and to see that the officials were clearly against us - i dont think there is a team in the league that wouldnt have given up to be fair.

That said - if we fail to beat Reading and QPR in the next 3 games - we're doomed

Whatever anyone says about the dodgy linesman decison for a pen etc, its amazes me, are people missing the fact that our defence is one decent cb mixed in with youth and that for me lies our biggest problem, teams like city, UTD etc can play shit and still beat us. They are mostly lmaberts signings which worries me for future signings. If we do not pick up points vs the lesser teams then we are doomed. We played quality vs UTD and still lost, mersons words, where do u go from that! Forget arsenal game the 3 after that are vital games in which we have to get points from! For me relegation is defo a possibility. Ppl say Norwich are worse than us, they just beat arsenal and UTD and didnt concede!! Our squad sucks!

Â