January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Tonight has shown how crap our squad is and the level of investment needed

All we can do is bring on the likes of Bannan and Holman complete and utter shite players

Get your hands in your pockets and do something Lerner for **** sake or were going down

Its embarassing

I agree with this 100% midfield is for me our biggest problem area now tat Vlaar is back. In the second half we were forced to pay so deep it was like we didn't even have a midfield. We are crying out for some strength in midfield.

Edited by dukes

And yeah sure, none of it was the quality of the squad that Lambert inherited? Maybe those teams getting promoted had the whole of last year playing with well balanced squads capable of performing and actually winning games. Whereas we have been in a mess since Milner's transfer.

If we were in the championship last year with the squad we had I bet we would have struggled to be promoted.

I wasn't even blaming Lerner. I wasn't blaming anyone (maybe MON and McLeish and Houllier having a heart attack)

I think it's becoming obvious now that the investment is being held back as they realize we are not good enough & could well go down. This would explain the cautiously low budget Lambert is saying he has gotten. Surely if they really believed we would stay up with a couple of decent signings then it would be folly to not do that considering the immediate 60m hit from the new TV deal.

If we spend big & still get relegated however that could cripple the club. It's a "covering all bases" move for me... at least thats how it is appears.

we dont need to spend big, just a quality defensive midfielder and decent centre back would help so much. imagine if we had a quality defensive midfielder and a tall centre back playing today. we would of won no doubt about it. if no signings are made then learner needs to get the message from the fans that he can piss off!

I think it's becoming obvious now that the investment is being held back as they realize we are not good enough & could well go down. This would explain the cautiously low budget Lambert is saying he has gotten. Surely if they really believed we would stay up with a couple of decent signings then it would be folly to not do that considering the immediate 60m hit from the new TV deal.

If we spend big & still get relegated however that could cripple the club. It's a "covering all bases" move for me... at least thats how it is appears.

Thing is, with a couple of good signings we could stay up. We've been so shit this season yet we're still out of the relegation zone. We were really good in the first half tonight and should've put the game to bed. With just a couple of additions we could see ourselves safe.

And yeah sure, none of it was the quality of the squad that Lambert inherited? Maybe those teams getting promoted had the whole of last year playing with well balanced squads capable of performing and actually winning games. Whereas we have been in a mess since Milner's transfer.

If we were in the championship last year with the squad we had I bet we would have struggled to be promoted.

I wasn't even blaming Lerner. I wasn't blaming anyone (maybe MON and McLeish and Houllier having a heart attack)

You've lost me. Is it horrendously simplistic or are you not blaming anyone?

Lambert had £20m+ to spend in the summer. Do you not think he dropped a bollock buying 2 full-backs for £7.5m when he had Hutton and Warnock in the squad? Not saying that Lowton is not good cos he is, as are Vlaar, Benteke and Westwood. However, our squad has lacked a DM for years and Lambert chose not to sign one. Instead we have 2 FB's on 80k/week between them who could be playing and collectively doing as appalling a job are our current FB's and we could have signed a player in a position we are desperate to fill.

Lambert has made some big mistakes with his decisions and it looks like he won't be given any funds this month to try and rectify them.

Edited by jacketspuds

Why's everyone still rambling on about Lerner not splashing big money ? Lambert said in an interview they're looking to get players in but no big money will be spent.

We'll do as well as we can with what we've got and maybe bring in some bargains ( Best case scenario ).

Otherwise were fked...

After tonight I'm convinced that we don't necessarily need lots of players - just people who can come in and shore up the defend/midfield and link between the attack. If we improve our midfield we'll be able to get more service to what is in all honesty a good bunch of attacking players and also help protect a defence that desperately needs protecting.

• Like 1

I doubt that. They brought him for 9 didnt they ? and tottenham bought him for 11 ?

Or some bs like that... but if he's wages and price tag was right i'm with you on that one.

I think he joined spurs from wigan for £12million, joined stoke for £6million and I believe a journo I follow on twitter said they want 4 for him and his wages were 35k. I think it was nursey who tweeted it

I think he joined spurs from wigan for £12million, joined stoke for £6million and I believe a journo I follow on twitter said they want 4 for him and his wages were 35k. I think it was nursey who tweeted it

Someone said something about his brother being murdered and his head not being in the right place.

Edit...http://bleacherreport.com/articles/171815-tottenhams-wilson-palacios-brother-murdered-by-kidnappers-in-honduras

Edited by praisedmambo

After tonight I'm convinced that we don't necessarily need lots of players - just people who can come in and shore up the defend/midfield and link between the attack. If we improve our midfield we'll be able to get more service to what is in all honesty a good bunch of attacking players and also help protect a defence that desperately needs protecting.

Same here, we lost all energy from midfield when Delph was taken off and subbed for Bananaman and when N'Zog was subbed for Holman. Maybe we can flog Ireland off to QPR.

Thing is, with a couple of good signings we could stay up. We've been so shit this season yet we're still out of the relegation zone. We were really good in the first half tonight and should've put the game to bed. With just a couple of additions we could see ourselves safe.

Do agree Mantis.. thing is i think they are looking at the "could" stay up bit. meaning we could also spend & still go down resulting in problems financially maybe?.. After the decimation of the last 3 seasons i guess you can see why Randy is so determined to not let it get back to that point... by the looks of it that includes if we got relegated.

I think we have enough in attack, but need to improve the midfield with a ball winner! With Vlaar and hopefully Dunne coming back soon, we could be fine at the back.

If we can only have one player, let it be a DM. Even if it's someone like Trotter or Bridcut.