January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Reluctant to spend funds or otherwise wasted it on players like Bennett (4m) and KEA (2m). No one knows, only the people at AVFC if PL has money to spend or not but I think he has; could of signed Vorren today but decided not to, just another team around us in the table strengthening.

I don't understand why people kept saying they wanted Vegard Forren from Molde, when villa have been scouting Basel who have Dragovic a better CB imo.

Basel>Molde

We've been linked to Scott Sinclair on loan a few times now (I'd be happy if we got him, even though a winger shouldn't be our first priority)

• Like 1

Lambert rules out big money signing.

In terms of recruitment, he insists the loan market is “not something I’d disregard”.

I still believe a few Loans could keep us up...

Possible Loans:

Pogba-Juventus (CDM)

Luca Marrone-Juventus (CDM)

Gustavo-Bayern Munich (CDM)

Nevstadter-Schalke (CDM)

Varane-Real Madrid (CB)

Santana-BVB (CB)

Rolando-Porto (CB)

Jardel-Porto (CB)

Raúl Albiol-Real Madrid (CB)

Remy Cabella-Montpellier (CAM)

Leitner-BVB (CAM)

Thiago-Barca (CAM)

Marko Marin-Chelsea (CAM/WINGER)

Muniain-Bilbao (CAM/WINGER)

Shaqiri-Bayern Munich (CAM/WINGER)

Scott Sinclair-Man City (WINGER)

Callejón-Real Madrid (WINGER/ST)

Guidetti-Man City (ST)

Welbeck-Man U (ST)

Edited by Daniel1Avfc

In terms of recruitment, he insists the loan market is “not something I’d disregard”.

I still believe a few Loans could keep us up...

Possible Loans:

Pogba-Juventus (CDM)

Luca Marrone-Juventus (CDM)

Gustavo-Bayern Munich (CDM)

Nevstadter-Schalke (CDM)

Varane-Real Madrid (CB)

Santana-BVB (CB)

Rolando-Porto (CB)

Jardel-Porto (CB)

Raúl c-Real Madrid (CB)

Remy Cabella-Montpellier (CAM)

Leitner-BVB (CAM)

Thiago-Barca (CAM)

Marko Marin-Chelsea (CAM/WINGER)

Muniain-Bilbao (CAM/WINGER)

Shaqiri-Bayern Munich (CAM/WINGER)

Scott Sinclair-Man City (WINGER)

Callejón-Real Madrid (WINGER/ST)

Guidetti-Man City (ST)

Welbeck-Man U (ST)

Welbeck, Muniain, Callejon, Varane and Jardel :D you having a laugh, if I see any of these players in a claret and blue shirt this season, a pig will fly over the Holte End. Only players we could realistically get with the position we are in are Guidetti, Marin or Pogba

If we lose to Bradford Millwall and become bottom of the league then I don't think you can blame the owner if he sacks Lambert. He doesn't really have a choice.

You are Andy Keenan and I claim my ten pounds.

• Like 2

Welbeck, Muniain, Callejon, Varane and Jardel :D you having a laugh, if I see any of these players in a claret and blue shirt this season, a pig will fly over the Holte End. Only players we could realistically get with the position we are in are Guidetti, Marin or Pogba

Am i having a laugh erm...no

-1st choice ST for manu Van Persie, 2nd Rooney, 3rd Henandez, 4th Welbeck (realistic imo)

-Ahead of Jardel at Porto is: Maikon, Nicolás Otamendi, then their subs are Rolando and Jardel, then in reserves is Abdoulaye Ba, we could probably loan Ba too.

-Callejón started a few games in the cup ahead of Di Maria but thats about it.

-Muniain has been on the bench mostly this season im sure.

-Varane has only been started while Pepe was injured. (im sure he was loan listed at the start of the season too)

Edited by Daniel1Avfc

I was just thinking this, perhaps they don't want him to spend any money as they have someone lined up.

Or looking for a buyer and he doesn't wish to plough and more of his money into the club. But I wouldn't be surprised if we lose tomorrow and go out of one of the two cups then Lambert might get the boot. But at that time what's the point? Is he going to give a new manager money, if so then why not Lamber unless he has lost faith in him.

IMO i dont see anyone signing for us this month. It looks like lerner will not allow anymore money to be spent and that will mean we will be down without a fight. Maybe he thinks we can do a newcastle and come back up after one season. Lets hope so.

Am i having a laugh erm...no

-1st choice ST for manu Van Persie, 2nd Rooney, 3rd Henandez, 4th Welbeck (realistic imo)

-Ahead of Jardel at Porto is: Maikon, Nicolás Otamendi, then their subs are Rolando and Jardel, then in reserves is Abdoulaye Ba, we could probably loan Ba too.

-Callejón started a few games in the cup ahead of Di Maria but thats about it.

-Muniain has been on the bench mostly this season im sure.

-Varane has only been started while Pepe was injured. (im sure he was loan listed at the start of the season too)

I too think your list is ridiculous, 90% would not come here for different reasons. And for Welbeck, he just started the game against Liverpool at home. Ferguson wants to have 4 strikers in his squad, so it makes absolutely no sense to send out an England-international on loan. Iker Muniain has startet 15 games this season, and the reason why he isn't of high regard in the media is probably because he isn't playing very well, so why would we want him. Callejon is a favourite of Mourinho, and besides, would you rather play a bit for Real Madrid or start for Aston Villa, in Birmingham? Pretty sure I know what Callejon feels about that. When we were in the same situation last season we loaned Robbie Keane, that is where our level is.