January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Just to change the subject slightly.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if a club came in for Bent within the last five days of the window with a very low bid of say 6m. What would any club have to lose? Media is reporting that the manager wants to sign players but hasn't got the finances to do it.

Question is would we sell at that price and would Lambert be given the proceeds to strengthen as he sees fit?

So we could get 1 Mou Mou Sissoko and half of coutinho (hopefully the bottom half, the gent hears he ain't to dandy with his napper). In all seriousness, wages would be the issue, in essence a straight swap for Sissoko for Bent.

Would you take it?

I don't know how, but HH is close to PL and I believe what he is saying.

What I do know is that

- PL was lead to believe he could bring in 2 or 3 "decent" players during the window who would be first-teamers

- He gave a list of names to PF

- PF enquired about a few (Sissoko is the only name I heard and he wanted silly money)

- Yesterday PL then was told that the funds would not be forthcoming for those 2 or 3 players

Could things change during the next 10 days - you can decide that for yourself

Vlaar wasnt a big money signing but is still a "decent" player

Agree with you concerning your last sentence.

If Lambert was informed by the board that he could bring in at least two players in the 5m range and then that was resinded, to no money at all available, i'd be checking to see if my name on the office door had also been removed?

It looks very like a no confidence vote to me if all this is true and it could be determined as a very under hand way of trying to push the manager out?

No-one really knows what happened with MON but the circumstances seem similar in that the funding was withdrawn albeit for slightly different reasons.

I really can't figure out what is happening? Everything I'd heard up to yesterday lead me to beleive that RL and PL were on the same page. Even with his limited football knowledge RL must see that a couple of decent players would make all the difference

I've got to agree with you that this could be a way of forcing PL to walk. From what I heard he was really up for the battle but this has got to knock the stuffing out of him

PL is pretty dour but he really seemed to plumb the depths in todays SSN interview. Unless RL has a very good reason not to provide finance which PL understands I just can't see how we move forward. I think RL / PF thought we would have moved some high earners on by now but really thats a sideshow when our Prem position is in jeopody

I don't know but I think there are all sorts of other constraints on PL which he has kept quiet about

I'm not so sure - I thought Chelsea got lucky against us, Tottenham was one of those days every team goes through them. Wigan was a sucker punch, we bossed the Swansea game and got robbed at the end. Cup ties are a great leveller and the ref had a shocker against Southampton

We bossed the Swansea game. Brilliant. Could have been 5-0 after 25 minutes...And not to us. Chelsea got lucky scoring 8 goals past us? I think you'll find we got lucky not conceding 15 goals that day. Got dominated at home from start to finish against Spurs and very rarely even got out of our own half....Spurs having around 12 corners in the first 35 minutes. Wigan was absolutely shocking and no excuses for that dreadful display. Wow.

We bossed the Swansea game. Brilliant. Could have been 5-0 after 25 minutes...And not to us. Chelsea got lucky scoring 8 goals past us? I think you'll find we got lucky not conceding 15 goals that day. Got dominated at home from start to finish against Spurs and very rarely even got out of our own half....Spurs having around 12 corners in the first 35 minutes. Wigan was absolutely shocking and no excuses for that dreadful display. Wow.

Pretty sure it was sarcasm

tumblr_lo1hgvVQ4d1qj73e2o1_500.gif

• Like 1

I feel like it might work like this, and before i get slated this is only my opinion, people are free to disagree.

We lose to Bradford and WBA=Lambert Out + Funds given to new manager.

Beat WBA and Bradford=Lambert given moderate funds before the window ends.

Don't ask what happens if we draw i haven't considered those options lol.

In other words

"We wont be signing any decent players this transfer window, but that may change and we might sign some decent players"

You would bode well in the house of commons, my friend.

What world do you live in where a situation never changes? We only have ten days to wait though so let's see

Also a person doesn't bode well, a situation does - being a gentleman surely you should know that? What are they teaching you kids in school these days

Pretty sure it was sarcasm

You really need to put the laptop down and go an have a look in the mirror - and maybe slap yourself in the face.

I think the transfer window has got to you !

I feel like it might work like this, and before i get slated this is only my opinion, people are free to disagree.

Or option C

Lerner buries his head deeper in the sand and gets faulkner to kiss his ass goodbye as we sail into the championship

• Like 1

Sounds feasible to me

I just had this terrible thought that someone may have done some calculations showing Lerner he'd be better off financially if we got relegated - parachute payments, lower fan expectations so cheaper squad costs etc.

Surely he would lose £100m's if we were relegated?

What world do you live in where a situation never changes? We only have ten days to wait though so let's see

Also a person doesn't bode well, a situation does - being a gentleman surely you should know that? What are they teaching you kids in school these days

You miss the point,

The point being, why bother exerting energy in typing I KNOW, through my extensive and reliable sources (not opinion but fact), that there is no money to spend but that MAY CHANGE.

For instance, "Look at the snow chaps, the match against Newcastle will be postponed. However the weather may change by next week so it may go ahead"

Surely a pointless statement.