January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

If he does that and we continue to rotate the current crop of midfielders we have until the end of this month then it is highly likely we will not pick up another point this month. Had we have had a proven at this level defensive centre midfielder and centre back in the team against Southampton we would I believe already be 3 points better off. If we continue to **** about as we are and not urgently make the signings we clearly desperately need I can see us looking back at this month and the delay in making signings as a pivotal reason we went down.

We might save a mill or 2 by waiting till the last couple of days to make our signings but that delay could well cost us another 6 points and that could easily be the difference between survival and relegation.

Yes i know, but someone could argue that the extra million or 2 could buy a better player e.g. buy Stephens for 3.5m on jan 1st or buy Sissoko for 5m on deadline day (who potentially could help us out in the long term, because its only half way through the season)

think of all them poor kids that would have to get a beckham villa shirt and become a villa fan just to become trendy

cruel isnt the word

Article 3 – Prohibition of torture

No one shall be subjected to torture or to inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

Yes i know, but someone could argue that the extra million or 2 could buy a better player e.g. buy Stephens for 3.5m on jan 1st or buy Sissoko for 5m on deadline day (who potentially could help us out in the long term, because its only half way through the season)

Good point.

Except.

Why not spend the extra million now?

Or how about we auction off 1000 shares in Benteke. Get at least £10k for each, that would raise £10,000,000.

Hey, now that's a pretty sweet idea. Don't think we should do the same for all players otherwise we'll end up owing people money.

Has anyone else read on the official website that Martin Laursen spoke about how he knows that Lambert is targeting bringing in a new defender in this transfer window? Surely that's more ITK than most of the twitter bollocks

• Like 1

Not sure on boating myself...untested at a high quality league..30 years old. We need someone proven in one of the big leagues. We cant afford to gamble with championship or untested players

No we need both. The current management are floundering badly

we need players , they win matches not dofs or whatever it is people want as a football director. It is a simple game football. Get better players get better results. People tend to over complicate that with various new fangled positions

Not sure on boating myself...untested at a high quality league..30 years old. We need someone proven in one of the big leagues. We cant afford to gamble with championship or untested players

Yeah he's 30 in May

It doesn't look like he's played for any decent clubs other than getafe either

At this stage though were so desperate we may as well get him in

Edited by AshVilla

Hang on a minute, weren't people crying out for experienced players before? Now they don't want this guy because he's too old?

There's a difference in experience. You want a 30 year old with experience in shit leagues in Europe who is a gamble. Or someone like Gabby who's 25 and has 7 years experience in Premier League. Its not JUST about age.