January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

No, won't happen. If QPR even manage to stay up, there is only so far they can go with their current strategy. With a ground that has such a low capacity, there is only so much revenue they can bring in and add to that the fact that while Fernandes is somewhat rich, he has less than half the wealth even Randy has. IMO, it will get to the point where they will be in dire need of a new very rich owner/investor with oil money, or they will quickly go downhill with deteriorating finances...

Meanwhile we get relegated whilst they survive & get a share of the new TV money.

No, won't happen. If QPR even manage to stay up, there is only so far they can go with their current strategy. With a ground that has such a low capacity, there is only so much revenue they can bring in and add to that the fact that while Fernandes is somewhat rich, he has less than half the wealth even Randy has. IMO, it will get to the point where they will be in dire need of a new very rich owner/investor with oil money, or they will quickly go downhill with deteriorating finances...

Fernandes is not the only money behind QPR. This man apparently still owns a 1/3rd stake:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakshmi_Mittal

though the situation is pretty murky because they've changed ownership structure several times in just a few yrs (Ecclestone etc.). Might be another Portsmouth in the making.

Fernandes is not the only money behind QPR. This man apparently still owns a 1/3rd stake:

http://en.wikipedia..../Lakshmi_Mittal

though the situation is pretty murky because they've changed ownership structure several times in just a few yrs (Ecclestone etc.). Might be another Portsmouth in the making.

It definately would do if Redknapp was manager!

..oh wait.

Anyone else pissed off OPR are getting M'via for just 7 million and we arent even having a sniff? That is so cheap for him 3 times that price a year ago...

All i can say is we will see what happens at the end of the season

the proof will be in the pudding

All i can say is we will see what happens at the end of the season

the proof will be in the pudding

Yea of course your right on the league placing but for me I just hate it when you see a bargain walking past you.

You know 9/10 times it will work and hes going to be worth loads more and be an excellent player for the club while your club sits on its hands and does sod all.

Fustrating

Whilst I'm not overly convinced about QPR's transfer dealings... They will now have a team that looks a little like this:

---------------------------Cesar----------------------------

Bosingwa-------Nelsen----Ferdinand-----------Fabio

-----------------M'villa--------Diakite---------------------

------------------------Granero----------------------------

Taarabt----------------------------------------------Hoilett

---------------------------Remy----------------------------

Now, we can all roll out the cliche's about them having time to gel etc. But this is a team managed by (I hate to admit it) a man who knows what he's doing in this situation and can get the best out of players. I just find it worrying that there are teams like this below us pulling out all the stops and we seem to be stood still.

Now I'm not saying that we wont do business because I think we will, but as each game that passes, and as each team tries to strengthen, we have less of a chance to avoid the drop.

I trust Lambert to find the right men, I just hope his hands aren't being tied.

Whilst I'm not overly convinced about QPR's transfer dealings... They will now have a team that looks a little like this:

---------------------------Cesar----------------------------

Bosingwa-------Nelsen----Ferdinand-----------Fabio

-----------------M'villa--------Diakite---------------------

------------------------Granero----------------------------

Taarabt----------------------------------------------Hoilett

---------------------------Remy----------------------------

Now, we can all roll out the cliche's about them having time to gel etc. But this is a team managed by (I hate to admit it) a man who knows what he's doing in this situation and can get the best out of players. I just find it worrying that there are teams like this below us pulling out all the stops and we seem to be stood still.

Now I'm not saying that we wont do business because I think we will, but as each game that passes, and as each team tries to strengthen, we have less of a chance to avoid the drop.

I trust Lambert to find the right men, I just hope his hands aren't being tied.

Some of those players are quite good of course but that aside one point that needs to be highlighted the longer we wait this month IF we are signing anyone then as the games pass it is a game they cant play in or effect our current results.