January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Woohoo. More players with no Premier League experience, just what we need.

So Palacios who hasnt played a game in the PL for about 2years im guessing (Bench warmed at spurs for i dont know how long, then goes to stoke and gets benched for Whelan)

Doesnt have PL experience is an invalid opinion to have, the PL isnt the only league in the world that has talent. Would you have said "oh David Silva & Juan Mata have no PL experience playing for valencia, so in that case i dont want them"?

Edited by Daniel1Avfc

Time for a statement of intent. Offer Inter £8m for Sneijder and give him a signing bonus to offset the wage differential.

He wants to come to the PL, Inter want to offload him, he'd be this year's meltdown player.

Issues would be him moving to a relegation threatened team, but these can be alleviated by contract clauses.

Spurs got VdV when not doing so well, if we put enough money forward, we can get Sneijder.

... and then you woke up.

Not going to happen.

In all fairness mate it doesn't equate that paying players big money means they will be crap. I'd agree we have a few in the squad now who are on big money and haven't earned their corn. However we have recently had the likes of Ash, Milner, Barry, Petrov, Downing, Bent who would all have been on 50k+ a week and have justified that kind of money.

I don't have a problem with us paying any player 50,60,70k a week so long as they justify it and can come in and make the instant impact we need now and neither should the owner have a problem with that. He appointed Lambert and if he believes in him and Lambert identifies players he believes can have a big impact on us then he needs to back him in fees and wages. If he doesn't then we are ****.

Ah, honestly, if we had Milner, Young, Downing and Barry in our midefield right now I couldnt care if they were being paid 100k a week.

The fact is though, Ireland, Given, Hutton, Warnock and one or two others do not deserve what ever it is they are on.

Unfortunately that is the reality of what we have at the moment, and they are poor players now. We have these young players who are hopefully going to be our future and if we can give them some help without payIng out the arse then hopefully the team can grow together and earn wages that reflect that progression - together.

Theres qualities you need to play in the BPL, just playing in it wont make you a good player, i.e. Barry Bannan, has played lots of premier league games compared to some players mentioned, however most players mentioned would probably be better than him.

Bannan has BPL experience, but I'm sure that a tall, strong, fit DM would probably be better than him, regardless of what league he played in previously...

Scott Wilson@Scottwilsonecho

Understand #NUFC unwillingness to match QPR's Remy offer of more than £80k-a-week. Missing out on another mercenary might not be worst thing

Yeah because Ashley Westwood would have said no if another team had swooped in at the last minute and offered him massive money.

I keep forgetting how great our players are.

• Like 1

Yeah because Ashley Westwood would have said no if another team had swooped in at the last minute and offered him massive money.

I keep forgetting how great our players are.

Over 80k pw for a foreign player who barely gets into his own team is a giant risk. Stop twisting it. It's well known QPR throw big wages at players.

So QPR signing Remy and M'Vila? We are screwed.

Not really... Remy has been shite this season.....

M'vila is a petulant brat who believes his own hype too much and thinks he is amazing.... Good players on their day yes BUT they have to adjust to a new league at a time where their team needs them to be firing now..... M'vila was crap for France at the Euro's... Arsenal could have had him before but his attitude stinks!!!

Also need I remind everyone that Makoun came from France in the Jan window and it didn't work out... this is a player with more games at a very high level under his belt that Remy and M'vila put together.....

• Like 1