January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Can Cavanda play CB?

I read he can play anywhere across the back four which would make him an extremely good utility player to have. Much better than Eric anyway, who surely is destined for the Championship?

Edited by PieFacE

I think Lichaj needs to go out on loan again perhaps to play every week. We can then look at his stats from those games. I don't think he will ever make it though as a top player but from recent articles I have read and those clips on the Villa website where he came out in a onesie for the cross bar challenge sounds as though he's a hoot to have around the place.

Lichaj

Bannan

Albrighton

Herd (though I think he is a great squad player to have)

Delfouneso

....are all players who I think will not make it. I just don't think they have it in them to really fight for Villa. Shame really.

Hmm, after a bit of a search, it would appear as though I'm an early front runner for the 2013 Rory Delap award with the above post. Soz lolkthxbye.

English-speaking Inter fans forum

Whilst it's not much.

a) they dont sound surprised they could sell him

b ) they're gutted about it

I dont know much about the situation at Inter but from reading those last 3 pages they paint the picture of a club with a player not getting a game in Sneijder who is on an insane wage that they cannot afford to pay and is also looking like they cannot sell (Bizarre, considering how **** good Sneijder is - wage demands?). As such it looks as though Inter need to sell and according to those fans a player called Alvarez or Coutinho are the ones most likely to go.

Seems mental Inter are having to offload (according to those fans) their best upcoming talent because they cant sell one what must be one of the most-sought-after playmakers in the game?

Sorry for poking the fire on this rumour. I still dont believe it..however...

-----------Guzan

Lowton-Vlaar-New-Cavanda

-------------New

----Westwood-Stephens

----------Coutinho

-----Benteke-Weimann

Would certainly be the beginnings of something very good if we can stay up this season.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Lambert would go down as a legend in my eyes if he can get Cavanda, Gouffran and Coutinho in one window that would be insane..

That would make for a pretty good window! What are the chances of that happening one wonders?

If only we were, where we were, 3 seasons ago, might have been a little easier.

The link to that article didn't work for me, but here's what the article says:

"Bordeaux striker Yoan Gouffran will join Aston Villa in a £6million deal. Gouffran almost made the move in the summer however, the deal collapsed at a late stage. Villa boss Paul Lambert is keen to strengthen his options up front and see’s the inform Frenchman as the ideal man to bring in. A friend close to Gouffran has said that talks are at an advanced stage and the move should be completed in the next week. Gouffran will give Lambert options as he can plays through the middle of out wide and should give Aston Villa a real cutting edge"

http://thefootballmagazine.com/2013/01/06/gouffran-to-join-villa/

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

They seem pretty sure of themselves. I wonder how reliable they are.

Wikipedia says he's allergic to grass. Great. Just what we bloody need. ( :) )

Haha. There is always a catch when it comes to Villa. But because of his allergy, he goes red-eye and scares the living.......out of his opponent.