January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Just how I feel too Julie, Please don't be driven away again like last Transfer window. I love to read the ITK posts and all the speculation. I miss TT, Mystery Man and Gazton's posts too.

I agree with this, this is after all a thread entirely based on speculation. Most of us would prefer to hear any titbits that JulieB and others might have, they should be able to share without fear of being ridiculed or told to offer evidence.

It's also a bit if a shame that the moderators of this site seem to take a certain amount of delight in 'JulieB bashing' which is completely unwarranted.

Perhaps if those that don't believe JulieB or Omarigy etc just ignored any comments written by them the rest of us could get on with dreaming.

It is frustrating when a poster presents something as fact only to find out later they are getting their info from a dodgy source.

Sharing speculation is all good but people need to add where they are hearing the info from. Then the reader can take the appropriate sized pinch of salt.

It's similar to when posting newspaper speculation.

I posted something I heard last season regarding Heskey - it turned out to be true. I was abused by a number of posters on here as I would'nt name the source of my info - obviously if I had the bloke would'nt have told me anything again. Since then I've stopped posting the occasional ITK's I hear

Lambert said they will look at signing after the Bradford game and there is nothing imminent.

Lambert revealed he would start to look at potential transfer deals after the first leg of the semi-final with little activity in the first seven days of the window.

He said: "I think we will get this game out of the way and then we will see what is going to happen. January is going to be a busy month with the games themselves.

"But there is nothing imminent at this moment.”

http://tinyurl.com/a5vf4jv

Could be bluffering or maybe everyone else is.

Edited by villianusa

I think that the club will have been working pretty hard behind the scenes to get players in, he just means that they are unlikely to be signed until after Tuesday.

I see this as a very common sense process. It's a game of poker so the managers are unlikely to ever really tell the media the truth regarding transfers, I take what everyone says with a pinch of salt and think about what is actually most likely to be happening. I will be very surprised if we are not actively trying to sign players this window.

I think that the club will have been working pretty hard behind the scenes to get players in, he just means that they are unlikely to be signed until after Tuesday.

I see this as a very common sense process. It's a game of poker so the managers are unlikely to ever really tell the media the truth regarding transfers, I take what everyone says with a pinch of salt and think about what is actually most likely to be happening. I will be very surprised if we are not actively trying to sign players this window.

I wonder if this why Liam Trotter is taking an age to complete his leicester move. ?

On the balance of speculation Dale Stephens is the most likley

What do we know about Lazio's Luis Cavanda then?

RB/LB, Fast (Very very very), young and playing pretty good when called upon for Lazio.... I would rather have him than Lichaj if I'm being honest... Lichaj doesn't fill me with confidence!

http://en.wikipedia....s_Pedro_Cavanda

Also he has Awesome hair!!!

Cavanda.jpg

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

RB/LB, Fast (Very very very), young and playing pretty good when called upon for Lazio.... I would rather have him than Lichaj if I'm being honest... Lichaj doesn't fill me with confidence!

http://en.wikipedia....s_Pedro_Cavanda

If Bennett & Lowton are fit, don't think we will see much of Lichaj. I was sitting close to the pitch v wigan - he looked extremley nervous - even before kick off. - that said Bennett IMO doesn't look ready to play week in week out yet