January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Julie. I like Itk posts. Some things people hear come true some dont. Alot can change in transfers.. So many variables in football and some people take itk as gospel but its just what they hear at the time. I miss the itk thread.. Was fun at least rather than negative posts bout our team/players here

Reading the newspapers, and believing what you are told by some other people on the internet is not being 'ITK'

Anything posted in this thread should always be taken with a pinch of salt.

Of course. And people shouldn't get their knickers in a twist and get hysterical because their 'ITK' posts from Twitter are not believed :) As I said - there's some bloke on there pretending to be an ex-producer who started the Danny Graham rumour. He must be laughing his cock off at how he started that.

Onto transfers - I'm a little disappointed that we haven't had any links to experienced central defenders other than Lescott who was never going to come. For me this is the most important thing and with as many important games in January which if we got some good results from would give us some breathing space - I wouldn't want to leave purchasing players to the last minute, giving us effectively only three months for survival.

It is frustrating when a poster presents something as fact only to find out later they are getting their info from a dodgy source.

Sharing speculation is all good but people need to add where they are hearing the info from. Then the reader can take the appropriate sized pinch of salt.

It's similar to when posting newspaper speculation.

So Pilchard, you take exception to rumours but still want to hear one about centre halves.

O.K.

Hahaha no. LondonLax put it perfectly. It's the people posting stuff thinking they are 'ITK' who then get upset when people don't believe them or their valuable 'source' and continue to stick with it being truth even though it didn't actually happen. I'm sure you can think of a few times this has happened ;)

Well it seems we will have no transfer news til at least Wednesday. Lambert has said nothing is imminent and they want to get tomorrow's game out the way. Which is really frustrating. We should have really had a CB lines up at least. Reading needed a CB, 1st January they signed one. If Vlaar isn't fit for the Southampton game and we still don't have an experienced CB then I will really start to fear the worst. Massive game for us.

Paul Lambert this morning: "There is nothing imminent at the moment".

That's disappointing and puts the "Dale Stephens/Daniel Graham/xyz is set to sign everything has been agreed" stuff to bed then.

Edited by Pilchard

I think the main goings on at the moment are from that tool "the Source from Villa" in the dressing room throwing his toys out the pram & feedling press bile

It's disgusting & when he's gone - it'll ALL come out in the wash! It's all a big game of chess at moment.

Matt Law was told yday "the source from Villa" should be careful WAG Footballers have WAG histories & he might find some of the fans who know

some of his antics might start feeding the press titbits of his past goings on.

Course no one's posted it all cos debate was all on twitter but OMG was there uproar at Matt Law because of that article.

Interesting that James Nursey has posted a really positive story on Villa in the Mirror this morning about Petrov ...lol