January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Just like Leeds have and Forest and Middlesbrough and Coventry. See a pattern developing?

This mess is down to the fact we are owned by a bunch of Cowboys who managed to screw up a team in the NFL, a sport primarily played and watched in their own Country. What gave them notions they could run a Football Club in England is beyond me. Disagree?? I present you Alex Mcleish.

This could/should have been nipped in the bud 2/3 years ago. How can we go from buying quality such as Milner, Young, Friedel etc... to scabbing around the lower Leagues?

Yes, you can buy potential and we did need a re-build (of sorts). But that can't and has never ever taken place in one season with a team of kids from League 1 and 2.

If you're happy with players like Stephens, Pritchard and Bowery then rock on.

How do you know these players won't turn out to be gems if people are already calling them shit after half a season or before they have even stepped foot in the door?

Edited by Daniel

Just like Leeds have and Forest and Middlesbrough and Coventry. See a pattern developing?

This mess is down to the fact we are owned by a bunch of Cowboys who managed to screw up a team in the NFL, a sport primarily played and watched in their own Country. What gave them notions they could run a Football Club in England is beyond me. Disagree?? I present you Alex Mcleish.

This could/should have been nipped in the bud 2/3 years ago. How can we go from buying quality such as Milner, Young, Friedel etc... to scabbing around the lower Leagues?

Yes, you can buy potential and we did need a re-build (of sorts). But that can't and has never ever taken place in one season with a team of kids from League 1 and 2.

If you're happy with players like Stephens, Pritchard and Bowery then rock on.

You've extrapolated an awful lot there from such simple words. I can't be arsed to get into it, wrong thread.

So if Nursey is correct could we see a back 5 like this...

------------------------Guzan

------------------Lescott---Vlaar

----Lowton--------------------------Bennett

---------------DM (Parker/Huddlestone/Leerdam)

---------Westwood

-------------------------Stephens

------Weimann-----------Aubameyang

------------------Benteke

Now that would be a nice little team! :)

I think i'd rather take the chance with Dale Stephens rather than a 32 year old Ivan Klasnic.....

Klasnic scored goals in the Prem. Against sides like Man City, Liverpool and us.

Stephens has made 85 appearances, mainly in League 1 and 2 and is so good Oldham loaned him out twice.

As for your other post, I've not said they are shit. I am of the opinion they are not good enough for a club like Aston Villa. An 8-0 drubbing at Chelsea and losing 0-3 at home to Wigan backs me up. Before you mention the 3-1 win at Anfield, Mcleish won 3-1 at Stamford Bridge last year - built well on that didn't he.

Lescott would be a great signing but don't see it as we are 'trying to get the wages down'

Villa were trying to get the wages down and we've done a great job at getting the wages down to the point where our team is almost in a state of collapse because we don't have the quality anymore. I think Villa have now got the wages down to a level where we can afford a slightly bigger waged player.

So if Nursey is correct could we see a back 5 like this...

------------------------Guzan

------------------Lescott---Vlaar

----Lowton--------------------------Bennett

---------------DM (Parker/Huddlestone/Leerdam)

---------Westwood

-------------------------Stephens

------Weimann-----------Aubameyang

------------------Benteke

Now that would be a nice little team! :)

Your little predictions do make me chuckle.

Hope Lescott is true! Can't see Parker coming though.

Indeed Would be lovely to have Parker in but it would depend on the wages situation etc... I do genuinely think that Lambert will go after the experienced players if their heart is in it and show the desire he wants from his team.... Lescott being a Villa fan would show that In my opinion, Parker oozes desire and class when he plays so those 2 are players I think we would definitely look at....

Klasnic scored goals in the Prem. Against sides like Man City, Liverpool and us.

Stephens has made 85 appearances, mainly in League 1 and 2 and is so good Oldham loaned him out twice.

As for your other post, I've not said they are shit. I am of the opinion they are not good enough for a club like Aston Villa. An 8-0 drubbing at Chelsea and losing 0-3 at home to Wigan backs me up. Before you mention the 3-1 win at Anfield, Mcleish won 3-1 at Stamford Bridge last year - built well on that didn't he.

Lescott would be a great signing but don't see it as we are 'trying to get the wages down'

You're forgetting with the 8-0, we played with 3 centre backs. 1 was a midfielder(herd) 1 was a youth/reserve player (Baker) and Clarke. When you have such a **** up defence going up against Mata and co, what do you expect? Against Wigan we played 3 centre backs again with only 1 recognised centre back on the pitch. Until you get some players if the right positions you well keep on seeing results like these.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

Remember that we have gotten the wages down considerably, and they will be even lower when:

Warnock leaves (40k a week) out of contract this summer

Dunne leaves (40-50k a week) out of contract this summer

We also have Petrov off the books (45k a week)

Then we have some players we could shift:

Bent (70k a week)

N'Zogbia (50k a week)

Ireland (60k a week)

Given (60k a week) if anyone will take him.

We can sign one or two high earners even if we did not manage to shift all the four mentioned with wages between 50k and 70k a week.

You're forgetting with the 8-0, we played with 3 centre backs. 1 was a midfielder(herd) 1 was a youth/reserve player (Baker) and Clarke. When you have such a **** up defence going up against Mata and co, what do you expect? Against Wigan we played 3 centre backs again with only 1 recognised centre back on the pitch. Until you get some players if the right positions you well keep on seeing results like these.

Lambert has been at the club long enough to know what positions needed sorting.

Benteke and Vlaar will prove to be astute signings but the rest seems to have just been plucked at wildly.

A player who has had 1 good year at Crewe anchoring our Midfield? A striker who Chesterfield fans said 'didn't do much anyway' as our back-up striker?

We have too many players who are simply woeful at this level and I am alarmed when we get linked with further un-tested potential. Young players need to learn and what better way than from experienced players who have been there and done it. We have no-one in this team that could rally the troops, just a load of kids who started to believe their own hype cos' they beat Liverpool.

Personally I'm a bit iffy on Lescott. I know he is quite a good Premier League defender, but for some reason, I feel he's prone to really bad errors once in a while - like a simple back pass to the keeper getting intercepted. I'm sure he's still better than what we got at the moment though.