January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Gary Hooper if Bent goes anyone?

Yes please!!! Hooper is a better version of Bent.... my opinion of course, wouldn't suprise me if we did go after Charlie Austin, he's a Lambert type of signing and to be honest, I wouldn't mind Charlie Austin :) Aslong as we had enough quality up top.

Hooper to be fair looked pretty good in the champions league games but just because he's banging them in in a piss poor league it doesn't mean he'll be a big hit.

Also, why would he leave Celtic now when he's about to play in the knockout stages of the Champions League. I'm sure he'd want to experience that before moving to a club at least as good as us in the summer.

Are you seriously saying that Bent is a better goalscorer than RVP. Oh my daze.

If played in the right team then yes, I think he will regularly score more goals. However, I will agree, that it has to be the 'right' team. I think some people get all wanked up over the likes of RVP because he is a foreigner with a snazzy sounding name. Check the stats, there isn't much to choose between them when it comes to goals scored to games played ratio.

Fair enough. I really rate Bent dont get me wrong. However I think he just does not suit Aston Villa. IF MON had signed him then that would've been perfect. However we have a poor team and all 10 have to work hard for us to get a result in a game. Something that will not happen with Bent in the team.

Berbatov would be the ideal partner up front for Bent. A bit like when we say Ireland is key to unlocking Bent, except Berbatov has far more class and can score too. A potentially deadly partnership with Rodallega as backup.

Whether he's worth £8M or not, there's no point us selling him for that price. It's not enough money to plough back into the team for players. We'd get one or two half decent players, or a handful of youngsters, but that's partly why we're in this mess in the first place.

For that price, Lambert would be better off keeping him and using part of his budget to buy a winger; or work out how other managerial geniuses like Bruce & Curbishley got goals out of him with players like Andy Reid, Lee Cattermole, Kieran Richardson, Bryan Hughes, Darren Ambrose and so on.

Fair enough. I really rate Bent dont get me wrong. However I think he just does not suit Aston Villa. IF MON had signed him then that would've been perfect. However we have a poor team and all 10 have to work hard for us to get a result in a game. Something that will not happen with Bent in the team.

Its all too complicated. Bent averages 1 in 2 - end of.

Whether he's worth £8M or not, there's no point us selling him for that price. It's not enough money to plough back into the team for players. We'd get one or two half decent players, or a handful of youngsters, but that's partly why we're in this mess in the first place.

For that price, Lambert would be better off keeping him and using part of his budget to buy a winger; or work out how other managerial geniuses like Bruce & Curbishley got goals out of him with players like Andy Reid, Lee Cattermole, Kieran Richardson, Bryan Hughes, Darren Ambrose and so on.

Completely agree, not worth flogging him to another prem team for only £8m, he could still have an impact on our season if he stays. That is unless, either Bent want's to leave (and puts in a transfer request) or something's happened between Bent and his team mates meaning he has to leave....