Ashley Young

maqroll

3 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

I love seeing Ashley Young playing for us. Mostly because he's one of the few players left in the Premiership who is actually older than me.

My dreams are still alive!

I think only Fabianski and Thiago Silva are older than him in the entire league

• Sad 2

According to Wiki (not sure when it was last updated)...but 157 league apps for us in his first spell...43 in this spell...so he now has 200 league apps for us if Wiki is to be believed. Whether the 200th was today or before today, depends when Wiki was last updated.

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

According to Wiki (not sure when it was last updated)...but 157 league apps for us in his first spell...43 in this spell...so he now has 200 league apps for us if Wiki is to be believed. Whether the 200th was today or before today, depends when Wiki was last updated.

I think West Ham was his 200th league game

5 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

He was awesome heart and soul stuff loved how he was getting stuck in to Chilwell to.

He got in Chilwell’s head he’s just got that big club mentality 

Give him another year and keep him around the squad. He is vital to have around for his experience, mentality, preparation, fitness and his absolute shithousing and trolling of the opposition. Still playing well too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Still needs to apologize for that dive against Ciaran Clark(e) IMO

I believe I said I’d never want him to play for Villa ever again and generally hated him forever for that.

I think I recently said he should be considered a club legend and I love him.

But I will not apologise to David O’Leary so I will let Young off. 

22 hours ago, Jono62 said:

To think he's a year older than Gobshite Agbonlahor and still putting in great performances. What a player.

I've seen toilets in Taco Bell at 11pm in better nick than Agbonlahor when he was 30. 

• Haha 3

His on the pitch intelligence and decision making are his best attributes now and make up for a lot of what he's starting to lack physically.  He does a fantastic job slowing down the game when we need him to or shithousing the opposition when we need to waste time to see the game out.  

On 02/04/2023 at 05:39, Spoony said:

I believe I said I’d never want him to play for Villa ever again and generally hated him forever for that.

I think I recently said he should be considered a club legend and I love him.

But I will not apologise to David O’Leary so I will let Young off. 

Same here with the hatred for the dive.  Can you imagine if Jack did the same to us in our first game against Man City after his move?  That's how badly Young's dive hurt when it happened...  I still don't know if I'd consider him a club legend, but I no longer hate his guts and look at his time at the club fondly.  Delph will always be a two-faced snake, though.  

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

His on the pitch intelligence and decision making are his best attributes now and make up for a lot of what he's starting to lack physically.  He does a fantastic job slowing down the game when we need him to or shithousing the opposition when we need to waste time to see the game out.  

Same here with the hatred for the dive.  Can you imagine if Jack did the same to us in our first game against Man City after his move?  That's how badly Young's dive hurt when it happened...  I still don't know if I'd consider him a club legend, but I no longer hate his guts and look at his time at the club fondly.  Delph will always be a two-faced snake, though.  

What do you mean 'can you imagine'?  We don't need to imagine; he did dive against us when we played City.

Aston Villa fans turned on Jack Grealish following the incident

Edited by duke313
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jono62 said:

Grealish did get clipped tbf to him, but he did exaggerate his fall.

Getting off-topic slightly, but he got clipped because he wanted to get clipped, that’s what he does to con the ref, leaves the foot in to make sure there is contact.

Young did it too tbf.

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

My head says let him go in the summer, my heart says one more year.

I'd keep him - he's a tremendous asset off the pitch I suspect, and still not a bad squad player on it either.

• Like 1

Â