General England thread

kurtsimonw

Again, I dont really get the hatred for Andy Townsend.

Not quite sure what people expect from commentators.

IMO he talks drivel and says things that even he himself cant believe is true, its like he treats the audience as if they've never actually watched football before, he's such a wet lettuce, just panders to the masses and treats them like idiots rather than offering anything of merit or heaven forbid an actual opinion

Not sure what you want him to say though. Does not help that he is usually commentating on this shower of shite. I would be fast asleep.

to me it needs someone to stick their 10 pence in, id like to think neville would be tearing this apart, townsend is using words like "unlucky" and "just not happening for them tonight", i want someone who is saying "this is **** shite, why did roy pick a load of players out of form and out of their club sides" which judging by the interweb is what people are actually thinking

Again, I dont really get the hatred for Andy Townsend.

Not quite sure what people expect from commentators.

IMO he talks drivel and says things that even he himself cant believe is true, its like he treats the audience as if they've never actually watched football before, he's such a wet lettuce, just panders to the masses and treats them like idiots rather than offering anything of merit or heaven forbid an actual opinion

Not sure what you want him to say though. Does not help that he is usually commentating on this shower of shite. I would be fast asleep.

to me it needs someone to stick their 10 pence in, id like to think neville would be tearing this apart, townsend is using words like "unlucky" and "just not happening for them tonight", i want someone who is saying "this is **** shite, why did roy pick a load of players out of form and out of their club sides" which judging by the interweb is what people are actually thinking

Well Roy hasnt.

He has probably just got to be a bit more balanced than this is shite!

Gary Neville was quite positive about us losing 8-0. Or as positive as anybody could be. In truth it was a total and utter shambles.

FFS Ox you clearing in the woods

How much have you put on CI? The odds must have been awful

£20 to win £10

Dear God

I have to say everyone seems to be watching the game and interested in it which is strange considering none of you said you cared a few hours ago.

Watching =/= being interested

Anyway, I thought you didn't care about history?

I have to say everyone seems to be watching the game and interested in it which is strange considering none of you said you cared a few hours ago.

2 hours ago, 40 odd years ago spot the difference.

2 hours ago, 40 odd years ago spot the difference.

Our European cup win was 31 years ago  :blink:

Bit weird to call it '40 odd years ago'

Stefan, I was referring to England's world cup win (47 years ago). Anyway really can't be bothered and don't have the time for an argument with you. >>>>>

Edited by Voinjama

Stefan, I was referring to England's world cup win (47 years ago). Anyway really can't be bothered and don't have the time for an argument with you. >>>>>

My original post was a joke.

It was a decent game 1st half for a friendly match, Coleman and Forde were Ireland best players(2 players signed from our much laughed at domestic league) and stepped up but as for England that is what you normally get competitive or friendly. 

at least we will have TRS-T quiet for a while ;)

Â