General England thread

kurtsimonw

I actually think England will have to go to the World Cup through the playoffs. Not good. France, Portugal etc. I know this wasn't a qualifier, but we lack quality in certain areas.

Edited by Voinjama

Typical end of season game if you ask me.  England clearly suffer from a lack of strength in depth, we don't produce enough good players for a country of our size but there were blokes on the pitch tonight who have just came from a 50 game season.  Cant blame em for not turning on the style. 

• Like 2

It is just a deeply, deeply, average england side. I feel sorry for Wiltshire- he looks like he has to carry this team for the next 5 years.

Dear me, Wilshere is not all that.

It was a decent game 1st half for a friendly match, Coleman and Forde were Ireland best players(2 players signed from our much laughed at domestic league) and stepped up but as for England that is what you normally get competitive or friendly. 

at least we will have TRS-T quiet for a while ;)

We should be beating Ireland at home.

That's Roy Hodgson for you.

I really love watching Carrick play. Absolutely class.

He is shocking.

Blah blah :) Divine right etc. 1985 was the last time you beat us I believe :P How many managers other than Hodgson does that span?

I bet you don't rate Westwood then.

He's ok.

Nowhere near the level of Wilshere though.

Blah blah :) Divine right etc. 1985 was the last time you beat us I believe :P How many managers other than Hodgson does that span?

Yes but we haven't played you for 18 years!

I bet you don't rate Westwood then.

He's ok.

Nowhere near the level of Wilshere though.

Completely different players. Almost incomparable. Kinda proves my point really.

That's a loss and 4 draws - and we were winning the game where you thrashed the stadium. It must really grind your gears :P In all fairness, a game against England means a hell of a lot more to Ireland than vice versa. That's probably why you're so relatively shit poor against us.

In all honesty England vs Ireland is like Villa vs Coventry.  You guys are Coventry.

We punch above our weight. Coventry are Coventry :)

True. :P 

I think you get my point though.  Most England fans aren't that concerned about the rivalry with Ireland now that the troubles are largely a distant memory.  In fact, I'd go as far as to say that most English people quite like Ireland. 

True. :P

I think you get my point though.  Most England fans aren't that concerned about the rivalry with Ireland now that the troubles are largely a distant memory.  In fact, I'd go as far as to say that most English people quite like Ireland. 

I dont think many people in Ireland have that rivalry anymore. Media coverage was pretty low key before this game and press mainly talked about the idiots from 95. Would have been competitive game it might have been a bit more heated though

If you want hatred wait til the Scots go down in August :P

I'm trying to think of a serious rivalry England have and I can't.  Scotland and Wales are too one sided, Germany and Ireland are based on political reasons nobody has cared about in a generation which really only leaves Argentina and we hardly ever play them.   The football term have nothing on the rivalry the Cricket, Rugby and Olympic team has with Australia.  

Â