General England thread

kurtsimonw

That was as bad as anything Mcleish served up, cheers England for **** my accumulator up for 400 quid.

Always dodgy backing Woy for a win, especially away.

Should've had a look in the betting thread.  ;)

• Like 1

The substitutions were baffling... Wilshire was poor but then to replace him with a winger? No harm in putting Barclay in there instead, he's that highly rated isn't he?? (not by me I must add). Neither side were really threatening through the middle, and he could've played off Lambert. Milner should've been taken off. Dour dour dour

Job done for Hodgson isn't it given the nature of this match and the lack of quality within the english team

Yes but you would like to see an England team that can string more than two passes together. Its a poor group which England should qualify from!

agree mike, that break from theo in the 2nd half showed exactly what we were missing, we could get some success if we ran at them but it was pointless when the bloke who is running with the ball is so clueless, reminded me of the gabby break vs Rotherham in the cup when he played a great pass to westwood who should have scored

cant remember the last time I saw a team pick the wrong option so many times

Job done for Hodgson isn't it given the nature of this match and the lack of quality within the english team

Yes but you would like to see an England team that can string more than two passes together. Its a poor group which England should qualify from!

We should qualify, but of all the seeded teams we certainly have one of the harder groups. Not many have 3 decent level teams like Ukraine/Montenegro/Poland. They're as good as the seeded teams in 1 or 2 groups!

We look very tough to beat under Roy which is obviously a good thing, but often struggle for goals and it makes for some boring games. Maybe with Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck, Ox, etc. back for the last 2 we'll look better up front - we will certainly need to.

Â