Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

It would be misleading to put this down to a couple of missed chances. We've missed one really golden sitter and one pretty good one - but they've also missed one or two of their own and still scored two. Spurs have just done more and more has come off for them. This is more down to midfield selection than striker selection IMO.

Understand your point (like I say havent seen the game) but you know what they are like, they will use that as a tool to beat us with as Lambert isn't one of the "media darlings" so love a chance to knock him.

Would have been a good signing, very useful.. Disappointed we didn't get him

me too massively

when Spammers signed him i came on here and vented my anger and likened him to Song and Diaby

and people thought i was crazy..he is a very good player and an absolute destroyer

its painful to watch our piss weak midfield get walked through every week

• Like 1

Personal problem you say, care to elaborate? Indeed a therapist is most certainly taking things to an extreme; If anyone is getting personal it is you my friend ;-) My thoughts are with you...

Sorry, joke went over your head.

I was watching Fulham earlier and realised something really weird and sickening - Sidwell would improve our midfield.

Michael Bradley would have an automatic spot in this side. Really depressing that we let him go

Benteke has got around a lot and linked up well, just not been clinical. Defoe has been less accurate than benteke today but he'll walk off giving it the big un because his terrible shot went in off somebody's heel. It's just the way things go, would be mad to speculate that Bent starting would have changed the whole game. We may have had even less presence in build up play, who knows.

me too massively

when Spammers signed him i came on here and vented my anger and likened him to Song and Diaby

and people thought i was crazy..he is a very good player and an absolute destroyer

Agreed, he would have been perfect.. Exactly what we are looking for

me too massively

I think that's the crux of it. We just lack a tough tackling monster in midfield. Excellent footballing sides can get away without one. We can't.

Agreed, but doesn't change the fact that Bent should have started in the first place..

Lambert got it wrong, but im sure he will learn

I would have thought he'd learned after LAST week...

• Like 1

He's only 21. He's strong, positionally good. On another day he'd have buried them. I've seen Bent miss plenty of excellent chances last season. Besides, Dempsey missed an even easier header for Spurs. We were caught out with the flukeist goal of the season and one where weren't covering the full backs. To say our performance is shit is a lie. We were far better for the first 55 minutes. That fluke goal changed the complexion. We could have scored and probably should have. That's football sometimes.

its been a decent performance by us, weve had a couple of chances and pressed spurs well. They have been better though and the goals were almost waiting to happen. Both defensive mistakes that could have been avoided. The first we allowed Defoe to bring the ball down at the back post. second goal Bennet got no where near to lennon and allowed him the shot.

Wouldnt say its Lamberts fault, just that Spurs are a better team than us.

Vlaars had a good game, other than that defensively weve been poor for 3 seasons now.