Steve Kean resigns

andykeenan

I think he has got about as much chance of getting another job any time soon as Alex McLeish.

I still somewhat subsribe to the theory that the Venkys have done quite well out of this, they clearly arent interested in football but their brand of frozen chicken is more ore less a household name because of all the headlines they have generated. If supermarkets are as difficult to break into as people keep saying then they just took one hell of a short cut.

Blackburn fans are hilarious, and deluded.

Yes Steve Kean is not a great manager and is full of bullshit, but the owners are the main problem and are running the club like a circus. Fans on the radio are talking as if they have won the Champions League and are urging fans to make it a sellout for the next home game.. I mean come on.

I don't blame the fans. I think it was quite clear from the reactions he was getting that he wasn't going to go anywhere for a while despite the massive fans backlash. He has, however, shown himself to be tactically useless and a poor motivator.

Venky's are on a different planet. Apparently one of their board has said they're 'disappointed' that he quit. About 4 days after the 'global ambassador' pretty much said he was a dead man walking. I mean, who is this Singh bloke that keeps on shooting his mouth off? Shambles

He was a pundit on ESPN here in the Malaysia/Singapore region, and not even a very good one (spent most of his time arguing with the touchy Steve McMahon about nothing ). It perplexes me how he's suddenly Mr. Hot Shot at BRFC.

I don't blame the fans. I think it was quite clear from the reactions he was getting that he wasn't going to go anywhere for a while despite the massive fans backlash. He has, however, shown himself to be tactically useless and a poor motivator.

Venky's are on a different planet. Apparently one of their board has said they're 'disappointed' that he quit. About 4 days after the 'global ambassador' pretty much said he was a dead man walking. I mean, who is this Singh bloke that keeps on shooting his mouth off? Shambles

He was a pundit on ESPN here in the Malaysia/Singapore region, and not even a very good one (spent most of his time arguing with the touchy Steve McMahon about nothing ). It perplexes me how he's suddenly Mr. Hot Shot at BRFC.

Bloomin' eck! How did that idiot get onto Asian ESPN doing punditry?!!

Living in the north of England, some of the folks at work are Rovers fans. It seems like their situation has been exactly as ours under McLeish, except they went down.

Apparently, depot results, the football this season has been as dire as last and they've owed more to good fortune than good performances.

With the Venkys in charge it will be interesting to see what kind of manag they could attract. I doubt Shearer would join a club outside the Premier League, but Rovers fans seem to think Sherwood is prime candidate even thou they'd rather have someone with a track record. A we know, though, there aren't many with good records knocking about.

Could be an interesting one for Curbishley.

I see that OGS is being linked with the Blackburn job on the beeb. Interesting, considering he said he didn't want to uproot his family to manage Villa 6 months ago?

I don't know why Sky have this habit of painting failed managers out as having done a good job. They did it with McLeish and they did it again with Kean. They said he had left Blackburn in fairly good shape. They're in the f**king Championship. He was a disaster. Maybe Sky just try and stay pally with anyone who they might want to use as a pundit of any description in the future; and just don't want to burn any bridges rather than telling it as it is and how everyone else can see it. I can't remember them ever saying someone had done a bad job. The closest you'll get is them citing a difficult working environment.

Media always blame the fans.

Ex players do especially. It's odd how much of an emphasis there is on it too, some would have you believe that how loud the fans sing is directly related to how well the team does.

If that is the case then why have Manchester United and Arsenal been two of the most successful teams in the past 10-15 years? Why are Pompey in the third tier? Maybe it is actually about the players and manager after all?

Â