Android tablet buying advice please......

jimmygreaves

TBH I'm finding it hard to justify buying a bigger version of something I already own too. I've decided I'm buying myself a gadget for this Christmas but I've pretty much decided it won't be a tablet.

... and was it the right choice?

(I'm still using a very early original N7 with 8GB which nearly got up to half full once.)

Obviously the specs aren't as good as the nexus 7 but to me  storage is more important

• 1 month later...

... and was it the right choice?

(I'm still using a very early original N7 with 8GB which nearly got up to half full once.)

Obviously the specs aren't as good as the nexus 7 but to me  storage is more important

Purchasing a blue one of these tomorrow for the princely sum of £99. If you can't quite afford the new nexus 7 then get one of these. The moto g of tablets imo.

I always found the Tab 1 and 2 to be sluggish for their respective timeperiods. They work considerably better on custom roms not bugged down with Samsungs heavy overlay. It wouldn't surprise me if the 3 does the same. I have not come across the Note-tablets so can't comment on them.

Got the missus' mum a Galaxy Tab 3 for today, and it seemed pretty slow from what I'd used of it.

It that normal?

I always found the Tab 1 and 2 to be sluggish for their respective timeperiods. They work considerably better on custom roms not bugged down with Samsungs heavy overlay. It wouldn't surprise me if the 3 does the same. I have not come across the Note-tablets so can't comment on them.

I've no point of reference but my (8") Tab 3 feels very quick.

Â