Android tablet buying advice please......

jimmygreaves

• 4 weeks later...

I'd guess it will be on an annual update cycle, so July/August time.  I've just bought a Nexus 7 this week, I don't think we are so close to the new one that it is worth delaying a purchase. 

I figure this is the age old, $64,000 question, but i'm going to ask my Villa brethren anyway...

I have a Samung GS3 which I use quite a lot. I do a lot of commuting on the trains, (3hrs a day), the battery on it doesnt last particularly long. Is there room in my life for a smart phone and a Nexus 7?! If there is, I will snaffle one up today.

Cheers guys and gals!

I figure this is the age old, $64,000 question, but i'm going to ask my Villa brethren anyway...

I have a Samung GS3 which I use quite a lot. I do a lot of commuting on the trains, (3hrs a day), the battery on it doesnt last particularly long. Is there room in my life for a smart phone and a Nexus 7?! If there is, I will snaffle one up today.

Cheers guys and gals!

I use my N7 on the train and I own an N4. I even tether occasionally, although if I was buying another N7, I'd buy the 3g one and put a giffgaff SIM in it.

Thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated. Went into Curry in B'ham yesterday afternoon and had a play with the N7, it does indeed look like a great piece of kit. And big enough in comparison to the GS3 to be worth getting. Cheers.

I'm tethering from my phone to my Nexus now, it works well. I have limited Internet though so I don't do it often but I'll be on giff gaff soon which eliminates the need for another sim card.

You can't tether on the unlimited giffgaff tariffs.

I'm tethering from my phone to my Nexus now, it works well. I have limited Internet though so I don't do it often but I'll be on giff gaff soon which eliminates the need for another sim card.

You can't tether on the unlimited giffgaff tariffs.

Is it actually blocked or just not allowed?

Â