Next Gen Series 2012/2013

mikeyp102

If our faith is decided by Wigan game we should give a few of lads a run-ut

Actually I wouldn't. Why would you associate these bright kids in anyway with this shambles of a season for the senior team. If we are down by Wigan then they should make the players who have taken us down step out in shame and face the music. Probably worth recalling Hutton and Warnock and making Dunne play alongside Bent Ireland and Herd.

• Like 1

He is 17 ^ 18 by the time the new season starts :/

And he is 5ft10. And about the age read the Mcleish article even though you all don't want to know what the so-called 'judas' has to say haha.

I thought last year was too early for him but this year has been disappointing in my eyes(with him doing so well). Not even a first team training session is just ridiculous.

I'll tell you why Lambert hasn't given Jack an opportunity in the first team, the exact same reason that he persisted with 3 at the back when we were getting battered around week in week out, the same reason he has frozen out expensive players in favour of piss poor alternatives, all because he has his way of doing things and to hell with anyone who disagrees. I don't think he has done a terrible job bar the odd aberration but his stubborness is there for all to see and reminiscent of MON's selfish style.

Regarding Jack, I personally think it is an absolute disgrace if what Kev says is accurate and he has not trained with the first team, this kid is good enough to go into the side, no problem at all. He lacks experience, he lacks the nous that comes with experience and he probably isn't the man (boy) to throw into a relegation battle every week but to stunt his growth as a footballer like this is unbelievable, particularly when the manager is picking players week in and week out who are not as good or don't offer as much as Jack could or would.

Since he signed N'Zogbia has spent most of his time hogging the ball like a child and trying to create a position to shoot which ultimately leads to giving the ball away, he then stands around, hands on hips waiting for another go. I can assure you that Jack (or Jordan Graham) are both better players than that and if they have a chance and end up struggling as much as N'Zogbia does then they can drop back into the U21s to continue to learn their trade, what harm will that do? A limited none team player who has been found out, dropped in favour of an unknown kid who certainly isn't going to do any worse.

How Simon Dawkins gets into the squad over either Jack Grealish, Jordan Graham or Samir Carruthers is completely beyond me and really poor from the manager. Bowery, I understand does a job, well, he comes on and runs up and down a bit whilst looking a bit lost and struggling on the ball. All of these young lads would struggle with that as they want to go the other way and influence it at the top end, so I can see why these boys are behind a really limited individual who is in the squad to do one job and one job alone. That said, I don't necessarily agree with that way of going about things but our manager loves a grafter.

• Like 1

Woah calm your tits, I'm pretty he'll be training with the first team next season.

I think he'll be training with the first team too.

I don't know what your appearance has got to do with it though.

• Like 2

Jack Grealish is like your favourite present that you want to unwrap last.

Am I the only one who found this slightly creepy? ;)  

Yes, that is a bit of an odd sentence. I was trying to put on a positive spin for his brother why he was being left out the first team squad.

I should stick to my passing percentages and heat maps.

• Like 1

If our faith is decided by Wigan game we should give a few of lads a run-ut

Actually I wouldn't. Why would you associate these bright kids in anyway with this shambles of a season for the senior team. If we are down by Wigan then they should make the players who have taken us down step out in shame and face the music. Probably worth recalling Hutton and Warnock and making Dunne play alongside Bent Ireland and Herd.

I know you post some bizarre things but you want to blame 6 players that have player about 15 games between them as our reason for relegation.

Completely agree with all of what you've said andy. Believe me we are not the only ones >__>.  I can understand everyone else's concern but it's nothing to do with jack or how he feels. If he gets called up to the first team at any time he should be able to give 100 per cent irrelevant of whether the team around him is sh*t or not.

But anyway Jack aside I think the team as a whole was fantastic. Always thought Janoi was good but didn't know he was that good ! Brad Watkins never really seen him play besides from the game against Olympiacos and since then he's been fantastic. Samir impressed me aswell similar to Gary Gardner in last year's next gen. Drove the team forward. And of course Cal Robinson was top class in the semi and final, Didn't have a great game against Olympiacos but was great the other night.

To think that we had the likes of Danny Crowley and Khalid Abdo coming off the bench was also very impressive.

Also i think Riccardo Calder needs to recieve praise. Hasn't played much in this tournament. But what a game he had behind the two CM's. Also really impressed with Jordan Lyden in the tournament, him and samir are the best CM pairing i've seen in ages.

Edited by kevangrealish

What a great lesson for every one of them, that it takes hard work and dedication to succeed. Watching them celebrating with the trophy, I hope that feeling stays in their memories, and like a drug it drives them on through their careers with an unwavering desire to win and be the best. 

Very well done to all the lads, great effort and deserved champions. 

Great result for the lads. More fuel to the fire that our future is in great shape

This could have been said after the FA youth cup win. It didn't really lead to anything but selling players who turned out to be not good enough.

Hopefully this lot will be different.

Great result for the lads. More fuel to the fire that our future is in great shape

This could have been said after the FA youth cup win. It didn't really lead to anything but selling players who turned out to be not good enough.

How do you face every day with such a depressing existence?

• Like 2

Definite troll now. You said the same thing about four pages ago and everyone had a go at you then. Time to put the laptop away BJ10.

to me this is a much more prestigious and difficult competition. Our lot were up against some tough teams and to me this just shows that the current generation are much stronger than that other lot, who to be fair we sold some of for a lot of wedge. I do have sympathy with your comment , just feel this bunch have far more potential

It's a more prestigious competition but still doesn't guarantee anything. I don't think any of these are as highly rated as Luke Moore was and he's never come close to filling that potential.

I hope we've got some outstanding future players in this bunch but winning this trophy means little in the way of what they'll do.

Thinking of current top young players did Wellbeck, Cleverly, Sturridge or Wilshire win much at youth team level? Do you think the senior team or fans cared? No. All that matters is what they do once they start playing first team football. Unfortunately our promising players more often than not turn out pretty average.

How do you face every day with such a depressing existence?

Do you approach everyday life the same way you see your football team?

That's a bit strange.

Tbh, I agree with Big John here. Yesterday, although great, will not result in us becoming a fabulous football team in the future. Maybe 3 or 4 max will make it into the team. Probably 1 of them will prove any good.

Thats not a negative stance, thats just realistic on Aston Villa and the nature of football itself.

but nobody has said we are going to have a bunch of superstars or saying they are going to dominate our 1st team.

Everybody is just happy we won the trophy. What happens in their career is the future nobody can predict that. Its moaning for the sake of it and trust me their is a lot of things to moan at instead of this 

Â