Next Gen Series 2012/2013

mikeyp102

but what it does show is that they can hold their own against the best young players in Europe at this moment.

Which is brilliant if you're passionate about our youth team football results. But in terms of the first team it currently means nothing.

You even admitted in your post that most won't make it and end up in the football league.

You're right, it doesn't. There are no guarantees. I'm just saying that it's a positive for the club as a whole, is all.

To sum up my opinion, in case anyone is losing track of what the point is, I'm saying this Europe conquering Villa youth team will be worth somewhere between £10m and £200m.

That opinion is so broad (and ridiculous btw) that you actually have no opinion.

Grealish £25m ? What, what sort of thread is this

Not worth that at the moment. I was putting a future valuation on the team, which I believe will be more valuable than the £10 million 2002 team.

How much more valuable is the question.

If you think how much the most recent youth team that's graduated to the Premier League is now worth, easily £30m, you can get an idea it will be a lot of money.

Current prices: Weimann £15m (international, goalscorer), Bannan £5m (international, best crossers in PL), Clark £10m (full international, captain), Baker £5m (great prospect).

Edited by Con

but nobody has said we are going to have a bunch of superstars or saying they are going to dominate our 1st team.

Everybody is just happy we won the trophy. What happens in their career is the future nobody can predict that. Its moaning for the sake of it and trust me their is a lot of things to moan at instead of this 

This. For gods sake, stop being so bleeding negative and just be happy for the lads. That's all everybody else is doing!

Great result for the lads. More fuel to the fire that our future is in great shape

This could have been said after the FA youth cup win. It didn't really lead to anything but selling players who turned out to be not good enough.

Hopefully this lot will be different.

How do you face every day with such a depressing existence?

Do you approach everyday life the same way you see your football team?

That's a bit strange.

No. Not even close. The way you post stinks of somebody not happy with how life is going. I have my glass half full with regards to life and my posts on this particular subject (Villa) reflect that.

Not worth that at the moment. I was putting a future valuation on the team, which I believe will be more valuable than the £10 million 2002 team.

If you think how much the most recent youth team that's graduated to the Premier League is now worth, easily £30m, you can get an idea it will be a lot of money.

Current prices: Weimann £15m (international, goalscorer), Bannan £5m (international, best crossers in PL), Clark £10m (full international, captain), Baker £5m (great prospect).

You have completely lost the plot. Clearly a wind up.

just be happy for the lads

Who isn't happy for them?

The way you post stinks of somebody not happy with how life is going

Haha

That's quite a skill you have. Being able to analyse how a person views life by the opinions they post on an Internet football fans forum.

Both sides of this (completely derailed) thread are as bad as each other.

One side can't accept that fans just want to be happy that we won something. Regardless of what level it is, something with the 'Aston Villa' name won a big tournament and in addition to that, it looks like we have a couple of real players coming through the academy.

This tweet from Lewis Kinsella sums it up for me.

Thank you everyone for your support it means alot to all of us Just happy we've done the club proud ! And to be know as champions of europe

Now with Con, I can see what he's saying, but he's being over the top for the sake of it. 

Both sides, bloody cut it out. It's proper taking the shine off what was a great achievement for the lads.

• Like 1

It's a legitimate question, not in the slightest a wind up. Just I'm the first to propose this question and it changes the subject... that's not a wind up, it's a new subject.

It is not unreasonable at all to suggest the team would be worth more than the £10m the 2002 team fetched.

Consider the quality of opposition the sides face (national vs international), and the prices players go for today.

just be happy for the lads

Who isn't happy for them?

>The way you post stinks of somebody not happy with how life is going

Haha

That's quite a skill you have. Being able to analyse how a person views life by the opinions they post on an Internet football fans forum.

Everything you bloody post is so negative. Plenty agree with me so it's not that much of a 'skill'.

No I'm not going to disagree. I post plenty of negative things. Usually backed up with actual facts and evidence.

Your skill is that you've somehow used this to analyse a person you know nothing about on how they view life. It's incredible.

Tell you what Stefan, lets have a thread where we all have the same opinion. Sounds absolutely amazing mate.

Hahahah this isn't what I'm saying what so ever. It's just infuriating to see ANOTHER thread derailed with negative shit when all we only had something to be happy about. What on Earth is there to be negative about in this situation!? So why the hell bring it up? WHO CARES if none of them make it? WHO CARES about the youth cup 10 years ago. We are HAPPY, NOW that our lads who have the name ASTON VILLA (the team you apparently support) have won a  major honour. Yet we have the same negative drivel being spouted, when there is absolutely naff all to be negative about.

It's a legitimate question, not in the slightest a wind up. Just I'm the first to propose this question and it changes the subject... that's not a wind up, it's a new subject.

It is not unreasonable at all to suggest the team would be worth more than the £10m the 2002 team fetched.

Consider the quality of opposition the sides face (national vs international), and the prices players go for today.

Ill consider them...............................................Right considered. Where the hell you getting 200m from?

Where the hell you getting Clark 10m, Bannan and Baker 5m and Weimann (who there is no bigger fan than me) 15m from?

No I'm not going to disagree. I post plenty of negative things. Usually backed up with actual facts and evidence.

Your skill is that you've somehow used this to analyse a person you know nothing about on how they view life. It's incredible.

What 'evidence' do you have for your unnecessarily negative views in this thread? 

And somebody took an obvious bit of banter to heart.

Ill consider them...............................................Right considered. Where the hell you getting 200m from?

Where the hell you getting Clark 10m, Bannan and Baker 5m and Weimann (who there is no bigger fan than me) 15m from?

£200 million = best case scenario. Belgian bonanza. We get a Scholes, a Giggs, a Beckham and a couple of Nevilles with a Butt thrown in... and we sold them at their peak, at current prices.

£10 million = what we got for selling Moore, Ridgewell, Whittingham, Davis, from the 2002 youth side.

I believe Clark, an international, captain, young player, is worth £10 million. That's my opinion. We couldn't buy him in for less and nobody would be able to take him off us for less. We paid £8m for 23 year old Curtis Davies and Clark is the better player.

Weimann I actually would not sell for £20m. I've said that for a while. Go to the Weimann thread for that.

The evidence that most youth team players go on to do **** all.

Am I negative about the victory? No. I've said, a few times now, I'm happy they won and I think it's a great achievement.

What I've also said is that it means nothing right now. Thats not being negative, that's just the fact of youth team football.

The only thing that counts is that they perform when they get to the first team.

Like i pointed out players like Sturridge, wellbeck, cleverly and Wilshire won very little at youth team level. Do you think the club? Their coaches or the fans of their clubs cared?

Youth teams are there to bring players through to perform with the first team or be sold for money to be reinvested in the club. Winning trophies at youth level is excellent for the players but it currently does nothing for the first team and is no guarantee for the future.

And just in case you missed it I'll repeat again that I'm very happy they won and its a fantastic achievement.

Tell you what Stefan, lets have a thread where we all have the same opinion. Sounds absolutely amazing mate.

Hahahah this isn't what I'm saying what so ever. It's just infuriating to see ANOTHER thread derailed with negative shit when all we only had something to be happy about. What on Earth is there to be negative about in this situation!? So why the hell bring it up? WHO CARES if none of them make it? WHO CARES about the youth cup 10 years ago. We are HAPPY, NOW that our lads who have the name ASTON VILLA (the team you apparently support) have won a  major honour. Yet we have the same negative drivel being spouted, when there is absolutely naff all to be negative about.

No one has been Negative!!!!!

If you want pages and pages of people saying how happy they are about yesterday then you wont get it. In terms of Villa talk, very few members have posted saying that they are happy, most will not care and some of those that have posted/care actually want to develop the debate a bit further, because at the end of the day, theres only so many times you can say 'Im very proud' especially about something that in the grand scheme of football is minimal in size. There was more folk in my living room, than there was in the stands. Nobody outside Villa knows and nobody cares just like you and I wouldnt if Chelsea had won.

Now, after applauding the lads, I want to know the possible implications of the result and it appears one or two others might too. If you want to join in that debate, great, your more than welcome. If you dont, thats fine too, but dont twist us into some negative group just because we dont repeat the same 'so proud of the lads' post that has been repeated for pages and pages.

Edited by Woodytom

Â