Next Gen Series 2012/2013

mikeyp102

Hmm i'd disagree. Bit of inside info on it but McAndrews thinks jacks ready and has already told Lambert he is. Lambert clearly disagree's thats why he doesn't have a squad number this year.

Didn't have the greatest of games today but I suppose he was nackered from the other day aswell. He proved what sort of player he is in the semi final.

And as for the physical side i can understand what you mean but jack doesn't need to be physical. He plays with his brain and lets his feet do the talking. He doesn't need pace or strength or anything else because his brain is what makes him the player he is.

Im not stupid and saying yeah throw him in starting every game. But a chance would be nice and considering mcleish picked him over a number of other young wingers clearly means theres a lot of managers who feel the same.

Imagine jack providing players like weimann,bent and benteke.. I really cannot wait for jack to play.

I'm surprised carruthers hasn't had a chance this year.

Looked decent in his brief cameos under Mcleish and considering how shit we've been this year I fully expected him to get a chance.

I agree John. He also looks like he's bulked out and is a lot stronger than when McLeish played him. He's a bit head strong but showed some great vision tonight and was all over the park in the 2nd half. He had Chelsea's highly rated Akers (?sp) in his pocket the more the game went on.

Looked decent in his brief cameos under Mcleish and considering how shit we've been this year I fully expected him to get a chance.

Under McLeish Carruthers was playing on the wing, at least in the first team. This weekend was the first time I realised he could play CM.

Hmm i'd disagree. Bit of inside info on it but McAndrews thinks jacks ready and has already told Lambert he is. Lambert clearly disagree's thats why he doesn't have a squad number this year.

Didn't have the greatest of games today but I suppose he was nackered from the other day aswell. He proved what sort of player he is in the semi final.

And as for the physical side i can understand what you mean but jack doesn't need to be physical. He plays with his brain and lets his feet do the talking. He doesn't need pace or strength or anything else because his brain is what makes him the player he is.

Im not stupid and saying yeah throw him in starting every game. But a chance would be nice and considering mcleish picked him over a number of other young wingers clearly means theres a lot of managers who feel the same.

Imagine jack providing players like weimann,bent and benteke.. I really cannot wait for jack to play.

Kevan, I know you can't wait for Jack to play and he undoubtedly a great talent, but imho he still needs another year to build up more strength.

Must be a pretty exciting time for your bro.

Has he had any conversations with Lambert?

Under McLeish Carruthers was playing on the wing, at least in the first team. This weekend was the first time I realised he could play CM.

Con, I reckon Carruthers is physically one of the strongest midfielders we have and was really impressed with him in CM. I am just a little worried that he is a bit of a hothead.

He played a disciplined game as the whole team did. Great run at the end across field which lead to the penalty - sort of allowed himself off the leash for that one since it was so close to the end.

I agree he definitely plays with his brain - forget pace and physicality, that is the best asset a player can have. 

However, he's still at an age where he is continuing to grow and get physically stronger. Not sure there is any need to rush him into the side. 

I would introduce him to the substitute bench beginning next season.

Con, I reckon Carruthers is physically one of the strongest midfielders we have and was really impressed with him in CM. I am just a little worried that he is a bit of a hothead.

I like that and so will the fans. It's passion. 

I like that and so will the fans. It's passion. 

True and so do I, but my sense is that it will go against him if Lambert et al thinks he is prone to losing it.

We shouldn't forget the impact Callum Robinson had. The commentators were raving about his work rate and ball control.

Never heard of him before this weekend so don't really have much to say other than keep track of the name.

True and so do I, but my sense is that it will go against him if Lambert et al thinks he is prone to losing it.

Lambert plays Delph who is a card machine. Does Carruthers get sent off that often? He's made captain so they obviously think he has a sense of responsibility. The yellow card he picked up today on Ake looked like a professional "let him know I'm here" sort rather than him losing his cool.

Edited by Con

I've just got off the phone to him. He's in the room with a few of the lads. I asked him what lambert said to him and jack said oh i'll have to tell you at home... probably because the rest of them were in the room.

And yeah i'd like it to be more though. Been told by people outside and inside of football he's ready I shrugged it off before always thought there would be no rush he's still very young. But now with doing so well in this tournament,winning ireland u17 player of the year and mcleish quoting things about jack was ready last year (http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/jack-grealish-impressing-aston-villa-boss-mcleish-3066051#.UVoDahw3vAE) it just seems pointless why we are playing first team seniors all the time with no creativity.

Leave whoever on for whatever time but give him a chance. I find it insane how he hasn't even trained with the first team this season.

Great win! :D Really pleased for the kids. I rather see us win this tournament than not even being in it, sts.

I hope the best of them gets the chance that most of our youths haven't got in the last 10 years. To be blooded in in the first squad one by one or two by two at the time, instead of being forced to be relied on to save us and lift us. DOL, GH, AML and PL have all got too small squads and have been forced to use too many kids at the same time. MON almost never used them at all in the PL. I hope that we stay up this season and that we have a more experienced side in the coming seasons, allowing these players to get some time carried by the more experienced players in the beginning. I think a fair few of our previous youngsters would've been a lot better today had they got that chance.

Leave whoever on for whatever time but give him a chance. I find it insane how he hasn't even trained with the first team this season.

Don't forget this is a man who picked bowery over bent, thought bennet was worth £3 million and believed playing 3 cb's was the way to go.

Hmm i'd disagree. Bit of inside info on it but McAndrews thinks jacks ready and has already told Lambert he is. Lambert clearly disagree's thats why he doesn't have a squad number this year.

I've just got off the phone to him. He's in the room with a few of the lads. I asked him what lambert said to him and jack said oh i'll have to tell you at home... probably because the rest of them were in the room.

And yeah i'd like it to be more though. Been told by people outside and inside of football he's ready I shrugged it off before always thought there would be no rush he's still very young. But now with doing so well in this tournament,winning ireland u17 player of the year and mcleish quoting things about jack was ready last year (http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/jack-grealish-impressing-aston-villa-boss-mcleish-3066051#.UVoDahw3vAE) it just seems pointless why we are playing first team seniors all the time with no creativity.

Thanks for the info, be interesting to see how he and the situation develop.. Do you believe it's his age why lambert hasn't picked him or does there seem other things (I appreciate that you can't give a lot away)

And yeah i'd like it to be more though. Been told by people outside and inside of football he's ready I shrugged it off before always thought there would be no rush he's still very young. But now with doing so well in this tournament,winning ireland u17 player of the year and mcleish quoting things about jack was ready last year (http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/jack-grealish-impressing-aston-villa-boss-mcleish-3066051#.UVoDahw3vAE) it just seems pointless why we are playing first team seniors all the time with no creativity.

To be fair Kevan, the lad is only 17. It's not always the best thing for a youngster to be playing at such a young age. I would expect him to start training with the first team next season and if he impresses, and he's clearly a talent, then he should get an opportunity - maybe from the bench at first but starting if he asserts himself. That would be impressive in itself - I think he should leave his copybook clear of this dismal season!

Hmm i'd disagree. Bit of inside info on it but McAndrews thinks jacks ready and has already told Lambert he is. Lambert clearly disagree's thats why he doesn't have a squad number this year.

And yeah i'd like it to be more though. Been told by people outside and inside of football he's ready I shrugged it off before always thought there would be no rush he's still very young. But now with doing so well in this tournament,winning ireland u17 player of the year and mcleish quoting things about jack was ready last year (http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/jack-grealish-impressing-aston-villa-boss-mcleish-3066051#.UVoDahw3vAE) it just seems pointless why we are playing first team seniors all the time with no creativity.

Thanks for the info, be interesting to see how he and the situation develop.. Do you believe it's his age why lambert hasn't picked him or does there seem other things (I appreciate that you can't give a lot away)

Yeah cant give too much away aha. Ermm but two things for me. 

At Norwich lambert grinded out results and had hardworking players. Here at villa he's trying to implement the same meaning why the likes of N'Zogbia,Ireland and Bent have all been dropped throughout this season.

And as you seen tonight and most likely every game jack is similar to Berbatov, lazy off the ball but quality on the ball. Meaning he wouldn't pick jack because he's not a massive grafter.

Secondly, It is the main one his age. If he started playing Jack and we started losing a lot it would be horrendous. He would get a lot of stick for playing a 17 year old lad along with the youngest side in the premier league. Meaning we need experience and he brings a 17 year old into the team.

• Like 1

Â